Sign in to follow this  
psolk

Is there ANY way to get suppression settings to work w/FS9 & B647

Hey Damien,I saw the new announcement and I am very excited for you, looks great!With that being said, I still have many of the same niggles as others with ASE and was hoping there would still be time to solve these final issues with the new product coming out...First and foremost, ASE absolutely CRUSHES FS performance every time Depiction Output Active is green. I have tried everything, run ASE locally, run ASE over WideFS, Force High Priority, leave it off, played around with suppression settings but NOTHING I do can compensate for the performance hit ASE causes when it updates. It is also updating every few minutes despite any update interval settings I try compounding the problem. To finalize it and make it worse I seem to ALWAYS get updates as soon as I start a takeoff roll or as I come across the threshold on final bring a 60FPS approach to a crunching stuttering mess at the most crucial periods of flight. What is most confusing is that I am now using WideFS with Suppression ceiling set to 2000 feet. The fact that FS is being brought to a slideshow by ASE at 2-300 feet above the ground tells me suppression settings are being totally completely ignored. The theory always being that suppression means ASE was still updating itself just not updating FS. However, if ASE was just updating itself on another box on the network then my FS session should not be affected the way it is. Obviously ASE IS still writing to FS, not just updating itself...The other niggles are the same thing everyone complains about (everyone who complains that is) The only relevant one IMHO being sudden barometer shifts midflight causing overspeed and loss or gain of altitude... Other than that ASE is near perfect IMHO! 160kt tailwinds over the Atlantic right now!!! I would like to see the Map display also show wind direction and speed as well as cloud cover over the Atlantic but those are nice to haves. The overspeed bug is livable. The performance impacts and lack of suppression working is quickly becoming a show stopper and has me thinking of ditching ASE altogether... That is the show stopper.I look forward to hearing back,Thanks in advance,Paul Solk.PS, email also sent to support...

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hi Paul,Since you have brought up some multiple issues I'll address them via support ticket. But first and foremost it really sounds like you should switch depiction modes to solve most of your problems here.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

First of all I APOLOGIZE for misspelling your name Damian! Duh and I did it on my tix too, I apologize...I don't want to digress too much in the forums as I did go through the support tix system as well but the issue with changing depiction modes is that I am using FS9 and the entire Depiction mode section appears to be FSX specific. I am currently set to DWC but didn't think that would have any change on FS9. happy to take offline via the official support mechanisms though.Thanks again Damian!-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Hi Paul,AS2012 is for FSX only, so nothing here would apply then. Sorry, I didn't realize we were discussing FS9.We'll take a look at the ticket here and get this figured out.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Yep, I knew AS2012 was FSX only, I was referring to fixing the ASE niggles in parallel to the new product :) Sometimes nothing compares to a good old phone conversation to make sure you are on the same page LOL ;)

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk