Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

I finally got FSX and :(

Actually it is fantastic and yesterday I finally got a system that can run it, but wouldn't you know...I just now saw MS is asking beta testors test "Flight", started asking for volunteers on Dec. 5th THE VERY SAME DAY I STARTED WITH FSX!!http://flyawaysimulation.com/news/4292/microsoft-announce-beta-program-for-flight/ DOH!!!

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I don't know what the odds are of being picked as a beta tester, but install FSX and enjoy it. It's going to be a while before Flight is released. And, why couldn't you use both? I still fly FS9 along with FSX.

NAX669.png

But I gotta sheepskin!I gotta license!

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Actually it is fantastic and yesterday I finally got a system that can run it, but wouldn't you know...I just now saw MS is asking beta testors test "Flight", started asking for volunteers on Dec. 5th THE VERY SAME DAY I STARTED WITH FSX!!http://flyawaysimula...ram-for-flight/DOH!!!
Flight was announced months ago.

Flight was announced months ago.
Do any of your posts ever serve a purpose or do u just like pointing out the obvious? I dont get it.

Matt Wilson

Do any of your posts ever serve a purpose or do u just like pointing out the obvious? I dont get it.
Good Lord Matt, he has nearly 21,000 posts, I'm sure he's just trying to ring up the count.....nevertheless you seem to be the expert on worthless posts, you must be gunning for 100 by year's end?.

Regards, Kendall

Actually it is fantastic and yesterday I finally got a system that can run it, but wouldn't you know...I just now saw MS is asking beta testors test "Flight", started asking for volunteers on Dec. 5th THE VERY SAME DAY I STARTED WITH FSX!!http://flyawaysimula...ram-for-flight/DOH!!!
Don't worry, it's now 5 years after the release of FSX, and some of us are just finally getting to the point where we can actually run it with acceptable frame rates. Notice I used the word "acceptable".Just going by FS history, you should have plenty of time to spend with FSX.

With Trainsimulator 2012 (a.k.a. Railworks3), if you have Railworks1 or Railworks2, then you just log onto Steam and it will update you to RW3 for free. And how Railworks makes their money is selling you updated graphic routes and engines.MSFS doesn't do many addons, has another business model; new flightsimulator = new computer = new operating system discs.

Good Lord Matt, he has nearly 21,000 posts, I'm sure he's just trying to ring up the count.....nevertheless you seem to be the expert on worthless posts, you must be gunning for 100 by year's end?.
It seems alot of people on here worship the ground he walks on. But I dont like the way he points out the obvious in an attempt to insult people. If I am out of line and those are not his intentions then I apoligize.

Matt Wilson

I wish my posts were as helpful as Jims.I do however understand why you don't get it.Maybe in a few years you'll come to understand the value of the same peopleendlessly ánd politely posting the same answers to ánother batch of new users in this great hobby of ours.We'll talk then, kay?cheersJP.

Right on, Jan;Mr. Wilson: Please leave the nasty, snide comments to the unpleasant Glenn Johnson and Ray1969 over at the current newbie "Let's Bash Milviz" thread.Jim has contributed more than enough gold and diamonds to this hobby of ours, and that alone certainly qualifies him as one of the most senior and respected gentlemen that ever frequented this forum. He has devoted at least half of his life to us, and he doesn't need your permission or blessing to comment here on the OP's somewhat redundant post.If you have nothing constructive to say - butt out.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Jim was just pointing out the obvious that Flight was announced long time ago.But the thread was about it having reached the Beta testing point, and apparently Jim missed that point.Nobody is perfect.

You made your OP look like you had NO idea that Flight was even announced and you discovered this by seeing the Beta announcement, the very same day you started with FSX.Matt,It's OK, you don't need to get anything. Feel free to add me to your Ignore list and you don't need to read my posts ever again.

Maybe I missed the point as well, what has the number plate and a sheep got do with anything ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Well enjoy FSX. Flight will still be a while. At best, it is still half baked, and most would rather not have it rushed out the door this time around.