Sign in to follow this  
MattSC1

FSX vs AMD FX-6100 spare change machine

I ended up building and AMD setup based on the Scorpius platform. The funds came from a few years of spare change that I had dropped every day into several coffee cans. This machine was not built for FSX, I have a nice SB setup for that. Once I am done testing, FSX will be removed, but I thought since I haven't seen any benchmarks for AMD's new bulldozer chip that I thought I'd try and get some numbers for everyone before I put this machine to work for its intended purpose.Here's the system specs:AMD FX-6100 @3.3Gigabyte 990FX-UD3Gigabyte HD 6950 1 GB8GB Gskill Ram @ 1600 8-8-8-24240 GB Mushkin callisto SSD for operating system and temporarily FSX760 Seasonic power supplyCorsair H-60Antec Solo II computer caseSince this is an AMD card, I tried to use settings that are similar to what was posted for Nvidia inspector. Below are my settings for CCCAnti Aliasing: 8xEQAnisotropic Filtering 16XTessellation AMD OptimizedTexture Filtering High Quality (Surface Format Optimization enabled)Vertical Refresh OffAnti aliasing Mode Adaptive Multi SampleI just ran four tests of PC-Mark 11 at stock frequencies on a fresh install of Windows 7 (all updates done) and below are the results, all settings were set exactly as posted in the FSX Mark thread. Shader Mod 3.0 was not installed:test # Frames Time Min Max Avg1 4082 300000 6 25 13.6072 1562 124832 0 30 12.5693 3081 300000 0 30 10.274 858 104255 0 25 8.23Not impressive by any means, close to what I was expecting, though I do see an issue with test 2 and 4, not running the whole 300000 time. I did press the P key when the counter re-appeared on those tests. I will have to redo them when I get a chance this weekend. I will re-run the test at stock, then I will try to get a stable overclock and re-test and post the results. I will run the over clocked test with and without the shader mod to see if there is any benefit for the ATI card. Overall I am pleased with the system, it will work fine for its intended purpose. There probably will be plenty of room to overclock it, as the cpu's highest temp has been 37C, it idles at 17C. It's also the quietest PC I've ever built. Matt

The FX series is not that good, but you can check @overclock.net there are certain updates they talk about which boosts performance.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Guest Alex Goff

Yikes I think my 1090T was scoring low 5000's on FSXMark11 at stock and high 5000's when overclocked.

You are correct that tests 2 and 4 are invalid, didn't run 5 minutes, throw them out.My system runs high 39+ to 40- f.p.s. in same benchmark, fresh install et. al.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.