Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

LatinVFR KMIA released - Anyone try it yet?

Just saw on their site that it was released and wanted to get some feedback on the performance before purchase. Looks pretty nice from the preview pics but was curious to see what type of FPS anyone is getting and if there are any items/issues that need patching before I jump in, not that I need to wait for a patch, but wouldn't mind knowing ahead of time if there are any issues.Link to the release notes: http://www.flycay.com/forums/showthread.php?4245-LatinVFR-KMIA-Officially-RELEASED!

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Looks good (screen-shots); however, I would like to see more than 1 or 2 Latin American airports. Miami is in the US.

Looks good (screen-shots); however, I would like to see more than 1 or 2 Latin American airports. Miami is in the US.
I hope you're not saying you're dissatisfied with this release. I for one, think it's a very good choice that'll not just bring in a lot of cash for them, but bring a fantastic airport to the community. A friend of mine in Chile bought it and said it was phenomenal, so I look forward to eventually getting it. Miami is LONG overdue.Kudos to LATINVFR here, they really struck the money (pun intended).

David Malinowski

Former avid simmer, current college/uni student

Intel i7-920 2.66GHz

NVIDIA GTX260 SLI

ASUS Rampage II Extreme

12 GB Corsair/OCZ DDR3 2200 RAM

Windows 7 64-Bit SP1

FSX SP2 (w/o Acceleration)

I hope you're not saying you're dissatisfied with this release. I for one, think it's a very good choice that'll not just bring in a lot of cash for them, but bring a fantastic airport to the community. A friend of mine in Chile bought it and said it was phenomenal, so I look forward to eventually getting it. Miami is LONG overdue.Kudos to LATINVFR here, they really struck the money (pun intended).
Yep, I understand your view. I am certain it is a good product. However, my discontent is with the fact that there is a large amount of products for the rest of the world; but, only a few for Latin America. If I'm going to name my company "Latin" at least I will stick as close as possible to what it means. Think about the hundreds of Latin American airports we have in Central America, Mexico, and South America. One may think there is not many buyers for that area? Nope, wrong! And, even if that were the case, I would at least develop aiports for these regions that are a noticable improvement over FSX, itself.

Johnny, Although I agree that with the name "LatinVFR" one would expect their to be a certain dedication to the area, we cannot expect it to remain exclusive to that area. Look at FlyTampa for instance. That being said, let us not forget the sceneries LVFR have released down south;LimaEl AltoSantiagoSucreCuzcoSao Paoloand at a stretch Guatemala, Costa Rica and Honduras as well.There was a gap in the market for Miami, and LVFR took advantage of it. From what I understand now however they will be returning to their roots and getting back to the basics. Take a look at some of the proposed projects here;http://www.flycay.com/forums/showthread.php?3352-Looking-ahead-for-2011-which-airport-would-you-likeAlthough MIA didn't make this list, it was in the cards since early 2010, as seen here; http://www.flycay.com/forums/showthread.php?2618-About-KMIAAnyway, hopefully 2012 will be an exciting year for releases that will feature a lot of airports that are of the main grid and bring attention to some of the less frequent areas in the FS world.

Is this really relevant to the OP's question? He wants to know how the airport looks and performs, not whether or not LatinVFR should or shouldn't release US airports.To be honest, Miami is one of the hubs from which many latin and Carribean flights are flown. I as such see it as a perfect fit for the rest of their sceneries.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Just saw on their site that it was released and wanted to get some feedback on the performance before purchase. Looks pretty nice from the preview pics but was curious to see what type of FPS anyone is getting and if there are any items/issues that need patching before I jump in, not that I need to wait for a patch, but wouldn't mind knowing ahead of time if there are any issues.Link to the release notes: http://www.flycay.co...cially-RELEASED!
Sean, there was a thread when KMIA was initially released, but it vanished into thin air. I have to wonder why? If it wasn't for that thread, I would not have known that it was released since the developer doesn't have a system for letting its customers know about new releases. Now back to KMIA:KMIA is good on fps, but I just don't like surrounding blurry photo scenery. Night lighting is ok with some problems, and I also see some issues with the tram animations. They also eliminated some areas of AG and added some, but it doesn't blend well with GEX & UTX.Even though it isn't perfect, it's still better than the default as long as it doesn't freeze FSX.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Jose, I posted that thread that you are referring to, that was deleted. Unfortunately it was removed as you are not allowed to advertise a product here, or at least, that was the reason given. LVFR Emails all members of their forums with the latest in product information, and in addition, uses our Twitter feed to reach its customers. Do you know of better ways for us to use in the future when it comes to releases? Always happy to get the name out there!

Jose, I posted that thread that you are referring to, that was deleted. Unfortunately it was removed as you are not allowed to advertise a product here, or at least, that was the reason given. LVFR Emails all members of their forums with the latest in product information, and in addition, uses our Twitter feed to reach its customers. Do you know of better ways for us to use in the future when it comes to releases? Always happy to get the name out there!
I would keep a database of all your exciting "happy" customers and then just send out an e-mail blast about the new release. It's a good idea to stay in touch with your customers.BTW, if someone starts a thread giving a HU on a new plane, wouldn't that be considered free advertising for that developer? I understand why the thread was deleted, but I don't think it will stop others from talking about LatinVFR's KMIA. Loser.gif

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

You can also friend LatinVFR on Facebook to get updates.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

BTW, if someone starts a thread giving a HU on a new plane, wouldn't that be considered free advertising for that developer? I understand why the thread was deleted, but I don't think it will stop others from talking about LatinVFR's KMIA. Loser.gif
I believe a user or general simmer posting about an add-on's release is OK. A posting by someone involved in the dev. process would be considered advertising.

Is this really relevant to the OP's question? He wants to know how the airport looks and performs, not whether or not LatinVFR should or shouldn't release US airports.To be honest, Miami is one of the hubs from which many latin and Carribean flights are flown. I as such see it as a perfect fit for the rest of their sceneries.
That is true, Thrailini...And, in other news, we would like to see more Latin American Aiports. Latin America refers to countries located in the Continent of America, who has the beautiful Spanish language as their natural language. (Latin Americans)

I purchased it the evening of its release and did a quick helicopter flight over the airport and the entire area covered. I set up the flight at night and then switched to day. My initial opinion is as follows:The GOOD:1) Airport design, buildings and markings are very well done. Very accurate airport. 2) Surrounding areas outside of the airport are very well represented, autogen-wise. They added autogen to all of the approach and departure headings so you get a very accurate view of scenery during arrivals and departures. I could even locate the exact office building where my wife works at, in Blue Lagoon Drive. 3) Additional road traffic added around airport. Very much welcomed. 4) Accurate aircraft parking, as far as I could tell. I use WOAI and will need to review this further but it looks VERY good so far. 5) Lots of little visual details throughout. From road signs to markings to actual buildings outside of airport grounds. Very well done.6) Framerate impact is minimal.The Not so good (in my opinion):1) Photoreal scenery does not match up color-wise with default scenery during the day. Even worse during the night. Bright red roofs were most annoying. (same found with their Key West scenery.) 2) Photoreal resolution is extremely low and looks blurry at low altitudes. (landing & departing). I'm sure it will look better at heights above 5000ft or so.3) Too much shimmering from lighting at night, particularly house and building lighting outside of the airport. I don't have this with any other addon scenery packages except for their Key West scenery.4) Autogen tends to pop in and out when moving view direction. For example, from inside the cockpit, I'll look to the right and after a second or so, the autogen in that area starts popping in. Doesn't happen to me anywhere outside of their scenery.5) Some of the airport night lighting blinks on and off, depending on angle of view. Example: light towers/posts on the south side of parking garage.6) Airport lighting points could be considerably smaller. For example, the red runway hold lights are HUGE, as are the general light tower/posts lighting. Looks cartoonish and hurts the rest of the well done airport.7) After some time flying the helicopter around the airport to view all of the little details, FSX froze on me and exited back to the desktop.Bottom line:I love the airport itself. I love the additional autogen implemented outside of the airport. Really adds to the immersion factor when flying in and out of KMIA. Unfortunately, I hate the photoreal scenery application. They've probably done the best they can with the resources available, but it just doesn't blend in with the rest of the default South Florida scenery, not to mention the blurriness at lower altitudes. Night lighting with buildings outside of the airport proper is a shimmering mess for me. I'm hesitant in trying with different Nvidia Inspector settings, as my current settings look and work fantastic everywhere else, including Orbx addon sceneries. I ended up moving all of the files labled "photo***" out of the scenery folder, thus removing the photoreal scenery. It's not a perfect cure but I prefer it without the photoreal scenery. There's a lot to love in this scenery but for me, there's some disappointing aspects as well.

Alexander Alonso

Alexander, thank you for the detailed review, that was very thorough and helpful to potential customers. On a side note, there is a problem in their Key West scenery, and that is the runway landing lights don't show properly on the runway (with default aircraft). Do you know, or have you tried an airplane's landing lights? I'd like to know if they got that to work okay in KMIA.