Sign in to follow this  
iainsmith

Information for all European 737NG pilots

Just in case you hadn't heard, easyJet no longer have any 737s in their fleet. Their last one was returned to the lessor about six weeks ago. They are now an Airbus A319/320 fleet.sad.pngIain Smith

Ah man, that was one of the reasons i got the 6/700 extensionhuh.png

Chris Howard

Now we have to wait for AirsimmerLOL.gif

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Just in case you hadn't heard, easyJet no longer have any 737s in their fleet. Their last one was returned to the lessor about six weeks ago. They are now an Airbus A319/320 fleet.sad.pngIain Smith
Yeah, it is becoming increasingly hard to find NG operators in Europe. There seems to be a tendency to prefer A319/320 over 737-700/800 when airline fleet renewals are scheduled. And again it sucks that we don't have an NGX-quality A319/320 representation in FSX.Airsimmer? It's dead. They can't even make the FS9 version work right.Flightsimlabs ... maybe.PMDG are the only ones who I'd trust to be able to pull off a proper A320 simulation. But they apparently don't do Airbus mellow.png

Dave P. Woycek

To be honest I thought the easyJet 737's were long gone. Doesn't stop me using the livery on the NGX though.The problem with doing an Airbus properly is the depth that's required. For example an ECAM warning or caution should generate action items for the crew, which update as they are completed. Not difficult in itself but there's just so much of it to do. No wonder such projects get started and don't finish. No doubt PMDG could do it but clearly a decision has been made not to.If people want to fly Airbus with reasonable realism then the Wilco Evo range is really well worth a look. The FBW simulation is limited, but good at what it does. They mostly address the main issues that the feelthere Airbus had. It's not PMDG quality (and documentation is lightweight at best) but it's surely better than nothing or some "lite" addon.Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

Yeah, it is becoming increasingly hard to find NG operators in Europe. There seems to be a tendency to prefer A319/320 over 737-700/800 when airline fleet renewals are scheduled.And again it sucks that we don't have an NGX-quality A319/320 representation in FSX.Airsimmer? It's dead. They can't even make the FS9 version work right.Flightsimlabs ... maybe.PMDG are the only ones who I'd trust to be able to pull off a proper A320 simulation. But they apparently don't do Airbus mellow.png
Its a real shame they wont do an A320, it would be fantastic so we will have to wait to see what FSL come up with.

Chris Howard

Yeah, it is becoming increasingly hard to find NG operators in Europe. There seems to be a tendency to prefer A319/320 over 737-700/800 when airline fleet renewals are scheduled.
Really, and where in Europe are you? Nearly every country in Europe has at least one operator using NG's. Less operators then before maybe, but hard finding ones, hardly.

"PMDG are the only ones who I'd trust to be able to pull off a proper A320 simulation"You might be wrong !!!FSLabs did a great job with Concorde (with her old fashioned gauges) and they might be very efficient with the A 320 they are currently developing.Wait and see

Really, and where in Europe are you? Nearly every country in Europe has at least one operator using NG's. Less operators then before maybe, but hard finding ones, hardly.
You're right. I was more referring to the part what happens when it comes to fleet renewals and somehow got carried away with my frustration about airlines increasingly chosing Airbus as replacements.Currently, there are still prominent NG operators in Europe (RyanAir, SAS, AirBerlin, TuiFly ....).We'll have to see what the future fleet policy will be like for those still running 737s.

Dave P. Woycek

Yeah, it is becoming increasingly hard to find NG operators in Europe. There seems to be a tendency to prefer A319/320 over 737-700/800 when airline fleet renewals are scheduled. Speaking as someone who flies NG's for a living in europe i am a bit surprised by this. The NG is still alive and well in europe but maybe just not as much as the Airbus. They are around, you just got look for us, which isnt that hard. My local airport in england has Ryanair, Thompsonfly, KLM plus others on a charter or Adhoc basis.Ben Morton

Agreed!! Europe has LOADS, and mostly have no Airbus in the fleet!SAS have every varient but the 900, airberlin, klm, tranavia, thomson, jet 2, Noprweign just to name a few.. I don't know which Europe you live in?

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

It really does depend on how you look at it. Certainly Airbus seem to be getting more common.Air France betting on Airbus is to be expected, but France is not the only place where national carriers are choosing Airbus. The likes of BA, Iberia, TAP, Swiss, Lufthansa, CSA or Alitalia have chosen Airbus over NGs. On some airports, that means quite a significant move from Boeings, say 737 classic, to Airbus narrowbodies. I am not sure, if for every Airbus ordering major we can find one ordering Boeing.

The Euro crisis has a huge impact on this and its like a dilemma for Europeans. They could easily buy boeing because of the euro/dollar exchange rate, and at the same time exporting is pretty difficult for the same reason but at the same time they need to support their industry. Lets take the French example: industries close day after day and France is becoming a country of consumers (they don't produce anymore except for big big companies like EADS, Airbus, Ariane). All the companies are in Germany. So i now have the feeling that they are becoming protectionist . The crisis has impacted Europe as hell: EVERY SINGLE DAY you can hear and see in the news that a major pb is threatening Europe.Thank God in a couple of weeks i'll be outta here, heading Canada!!! Its a real mess over here.To be honest i think that when it comes to aviation American are the best however I think Airbus had a great period with the old A300 series but I really don't like birds that you can fly with a stick. I'm pretty sure that Airbus sells more than Boeing (might be wrong here), but Renault also sells more than Aston Martin..... haha!

The Euro crisis has a huge impact on this and its like a dilemma for Europeans. They could easily buy boeing because of the euro/dollar exchange rate, and at the same time exporting is pretty difficult for the same reason but at the same time they need to support their industry. Lets take the French example: industries close day after day and France is becoming a country of consumers (they don't produce anymore except for big big companies like EADS, Airbus, Ariane). All the companies are in Germany. So i now have the feeling that they are becoming protectionist . The crisis has impacted Europe as hell: EVERY SINGLE DAY you can hear and see in the news that a major pb is threatening Europe.Thank God in a couple of weeks i'll be outta here, heading Canada!!! Its a real mess over here.To be honest i think that when it comes to aviation American are the best however I think Airbus had a great period with the old A300 series but I really don't like birds that you can fly with a stick. I'm pretty sure that Airbus sells more than Boeing (might be wrong here), but Renault also sells more than Aston Martin..... haha!
The Euro crisis is relatively recent so has had little impact on European airline fleet choices. Beware complacency though, it's a nice fig-leaf for American financial institutions to hide behind. Without the market concentration on the eurozone the US debt would be under much greater scrutiny. Good luck in Canada though, great place, if rather cold this time of year.Your entitled to your opinion re Airbus and sidesticks, but from personal experience I can tell you that if you flew an Airbus you might see it a bit differently. It's very different from using a PC joystick and extremely pleasant to fly. Implying Airbus is lower quality then Boeing is just silly. If Airbus is like a Renault, then Boeing is like a Ford.Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

You are saying the simple truth!Here in Europe You see more Airbus simply because national airlines are supporting their own industry. EADS is not a private owned company, it's an European National States owned consortium.Germany and France are the leading ones, followed by Spain, UK, Netherlands, Italy and so on. All these national Governments are the EADS, and so Airbus, investors.That said, I like Boeing smile.pngYes here in Europe, expecially here in Italy, things are really a mess. All governemts gave too much power to private Banks and they are now ruining us.... Supported by corrupted politicians..... Anyway this is not a politics forum, but I wish I could fly heading to Australia and live and work there for the rest of my life, I have many relatives there.