Sign in to follow this  
suvvers

FSX Problem

Hi folks,Hoping somebody here can help me. I had FSX working fine on my PC, Windows XP SP3, Intel dual core 2.8 Ghz, nVidia 9500GT 1gb, 4gb RAM. Recently I reinstalled windows and now I'm having some issues with FSX. I've installed it and both SP1 and SP2 ok but.....when I install add ons it has issues. When I load FS Dream Team add ons, none of the buildings are visible and in the top down view are just black, and I can't see the add on manager. AES will recognise FSX and the installed airports but when I try to configure anything in AES it says Disconnected and to start FS even though it's already running. My PMDG planes are not working, both the 747-400X and the 737 NGX (the 747 everything is clickable but nothing happens, on the 737NGX none of the switches/buttons etc are clickable. Other sceneries, such as the UK2000 Xtreme sceneries and the Megascenery X packages are working fine. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the service packs and FSX itself, and I have tried using flight1s registry cleaner to no effect. Some people have said that it is a simconnect issue so I have tried running the SDK folder on the FSX disk and still got nowhere. I can't see the simconnect .dll files in any of the flight sim folders but then I'm not sure where to look for them. I have the most recent version of FSUIPC 4. Please can anybody help me?CheersSteve

Guest firehawk44

"When I load FS Dream Team add ons, none of the buildings are visible and in the top down view are just black, and I can't see the add on manager."You will need to uninstall/reinstall. The AddOn Manager will not appear until it has been added to the dll.xml. When you install addons, you should disable any anti-virus program and Windows User Access Controls (UAC) as these two programs could cause a bad installation. In demo mode, you will see the buildings for five minutes before they will disappear until you purchase the program and activate it. For the simconnect problem (if it is a problem), I would Google 'simconnect for fsx install' and you should get a lot of information on how to install it properly and whether it is installed properly from people throughout the flight sim community.Best regards,Jim

FSDreamTeam scenery requires registration-authentication via the FSX menu selection - Addons - FSDreamTeam (FSX in windows mode). There you will find your scenery package listed. Click that and follow the instructions.Frank

Thanks firehawk and fbass. I know that the buildings in FSDT products disappear after 5 mins in demo mode but they're not appearing at all. And the Add On Manager is not appearing in the Addons menu in FS so I'm unable to activate them anyway.

I think it's more an FSX issue than an FSDT one
OK, maybe, but many (if not most) FSDT users are also FSX users, so there is very high probability they know this problem.All in all I can't see how it could be a bad idea to try. wink.png

I think it's more an FSX issue than an FSDT one
You got very good advice from very experienced guys here. Listen to them.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

OK, maybe, but many (if not most) FSDT users are also FSX users, so there is very high probability they know this problem.All in all I can't see how it could be a bad idea to try. wink.png
You got very good advice from very experienced guys here. Listen to them.
Ok guys will do....have posted in FSDTs forums....i'll see if they can come up with anything. Thanks again

Issue resolved. I bought a new copy of FSX with Acceleration and it's installed no problem, everything is working and connecting to FSX fine now. I can only assume that it was either a damaged dvd or corrupt copy of either SP1 or SP2. Thanks to all who offered help or suggestions. Steve