Sign in to follow this  
MrSpeaker

RC5 and heading instructions

Just wondering if in RC5 will atc instruct the pilot to tun left heading xxx or turn right heading xxx?

RCv4 already does, so I'm assuming so.
no it does not say turn left heading XXX or turn right heading, the left or right instruction are not included in rc4.

So what does it tell u to do when intercepting the ils? i get turn left hedading 305, right heading 090 and so on, also get the same on takeoff to avoid traffic and so on..what im saying is how do you know what to follow if rc is not instructing u to turn onto a heading?

Chris Howard

So what does it tell u to do when intercepting the ils? i get turn left hedading 305, right heading 090 and so on, also get the same on takeoff to avoid traffic and so on..what im saying is how do you know what to follow if rc is not instructing u to turn onto a heading?
So your saying your rc4 instillation includes instructions to turn left or turn right? Because mine and many others just say to fly heading xxx it does not actually say to turn left or turn right, I even think the developer of rc4 JD acknowledgedes that it does not do this. Anyone else confirm this, I have been using rc4 since 2007 did I miss some sort of update?

Mr Speaker i do appologise you are correct, i just did a flight with RC and it does command u to FLY heading xxx rather than turn left/right heading xxx :(

Chris Howard

Mr Speaker i do appologise you are correct, i just did a flight with RC and it does command u to FLY heading xxx rather than turn left/right heading xxx :(
No problem Chris, I was seriously thinking I missed an update of some sort. Anyways looks like questions about rc5 are off the table here for now anyways, take care.