Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Well I am thrilled!

I got my disks today-took about 4 hours to install but went without a hitch.Then I proceeded to do what I always do when I get a new sim-takeoff from my home airport-see how it looks, and follow the roads north visually to the small lake I live on and see how it compares to rw.I do this test because often my small lake isn't even there (fsx has it missing-add on's fixed this), and also to test correct road placement etc.I have to say my expectations were a little low-xplane 9 thru autogen of factories and low res tiles around my area and it looked like a toxic waste dump!Well I took off in xp10 and wow! The roads, houses all looked totally appropriate and the many lakes were stunning both in their looks. I flew up the roads-they were where they were supposed to be-enjoyed seeing the moving traffic-and not only find my little lake which is rendered extremely accurately but could have sworn I was looking at my own house! In fsx I get a church, a farm, and some other strange stuff-this looked totally believable!I then headed towards downtown Detroit-the building/house combination felt fairly real and the vast amounts of autogen that would cause fsx to crawl instead gave myfps counter 30 fps-not bad on a 2 year old modest system.Downtown Detroit-yep-that is gonna need to be fixed as I assume most major cities will. There are a few generic buildings-but it doesn't feel/look like a downtown..yet.I am gonna do some real shot/compares to both sims and post in the screenshot forum later.Overall I am blown away!Of course my home airport had only runways, and there is a runway depicted that hasn't existed since I started flying out of there in 2002. Just a little nit pick and again I don't see this as being hard to fix.

Of course my home airport had only runways, and there is a runway depicted that hasn't existed since I started flying out of there in 2002. Just a little nit pick and again I don't see this as being hard to fix.
One thing about this. I don't know if you know, but the airport data is community maintained (with a central repository and maintainer from Laminar). Just look here for more information:http://data.x-plane.com/#CollaborationVia this collaboration, the airports are kept more or less up to date (depending on which users do improve/correct what, when and where).

Glad to hear it!!I'm looking forward to the shots you produce. (I remember a series of shots you did in the past comparing some R/W with in-game for various other sims and sceneries... always well done!)-Greg

Geofa, you mind posting you system specs and your rendering options? I too have a 2-3 year old system and would like to see the differences. I haven't purchase XPX yet, but will soon, in the mean time and playing around with the demo and would like to try you settings if our hardware are more or less the same.I'm glad you are enjoying it.thanks in advanceCarlos

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Intel core i7 920 2.67 ghs12 gb ramwin 7 home premiumNvidia geforce gtx 4605.9 windows experience index

For tips on performance tuning, read these blog entries;http://www.x-plane.com/blog/2010/01/to-tune-framerate-you-have-to-hit-rock-bottom/http://www.x-plane.com/blog/2011/12/tips-for-better-frame-rates-pt-1/Even though I have the demo running pretty decently at the moment, I'm considering starting over and following this advice once I do the full install.

Thank you very much Geofa.I see that you don't use AA with in the sim. Are you using nVidia's tools for that, or not using it at all?thanks MM for the links, and will keep that in mind once I get the full version too.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Hi, Geofa.If you get a chance post a pic. as you lift off from KSNA, around 2-3000 Ft. on a heading of about 060, and maybe from L35 around 9000 on a heading of 240.Thanks. TV

Hey Peppy -Laminar typically releases multiple "point releases" - if we started at X-Plane 10, this means we'll see X-Plane 10.1, 10.2, 10.3... 10 "point" 4, and so on....They historically not only have been free, but have also included bug fixes (and there have I believe been smaller incremental fixes here and there).More exiting is that they often include not only significant improvements, but also additional functionality and features.For example, I imagine we'll see seasonal textures in a point release.cheersAndrew

One thing about this. I don't know if you know, but the airport data is community maintained (with a central repository and maintainer from Laminar). Just look here for more information:http://data.x-plane.com/#CollaborationVia this collaboration, the airports are kept more or less up to date (depending on which users do improve/correct what, when and where).
Thanks for all the good info. At the risk of a thread hijack here, is there a place where scenery problems are reported (such as road & bridge problems) or is thatreported under the X-Plane 10 Bug Reporter?Just running demo (DVD's shipped yesterday). I know that reporting of the Nav aids in runways can be reported to the folks that update the Apt database asI have done that in version 9+, but I think stuff like tree in runway, etc. is a different ball game but am not sure what the acceptable reporting procedure is.Thanks,Chuck

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

well I'm becoming concretised to buySo should I opt for regular of UPS? delivery that is.Would order tomorrow and expect to get it before x-mas?

Fantastic news,I've been enjoying your comments and pics in the screenshot forum.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick