Sign in to follow this  
avgaskoolaid

2 Scenery Requests FSX

Hello everyone. I have two freeware scenery requests for anyone who is looking for a good project. Here they are:1) Marquette Sawyer Airport (KSAW) Marquette, MI. The scenery would require making a completely new model for the terminal and other buildings. This is my hometown airport and I would love to fly into/ out of it with realistic scenery. A few new buildings/rearranging the tarmac a teeny bit is all it would need.2) Castle Rock, ME. This would be a much larger project, first off because the town doesnt exist. Castle Rock is a town that is featured in many Stephen King novels, and it would be very fun to fly into this creepy place.Just so you all know, I have no idea how to create scenery at all, so I know nothing of the feasibility of these sceneries. If anyone would like to give them a whirl, I would be very grateful!hamoody

Just so you all know, I have no idea how to create scenery at all,...
What exactly is stopping you from learning? This is the forum to learn, not the forum to wish and hope that dreams come true.There are plenty of tutorials available in the Avsim Library. People here would be happy to help you learn how to do things.

What exactly is stopping you from learning? This is the forum to learn, not the forum to wish and hope that dreams come true.There are plenty of tutorials available in the Avsim Library. People here would be happy to help you learn how to do things.
I did try designing my own scenery once, and I realized that I just was not into it. I lack both the skill and patience to do it right. Thats why I asked for a designer with both skill, talent, and a passion/interest in this type of 3D design to try and make these sceneries.

Generally, designers have their own projects that excite them, and usually have little interest in other people's projects. There are occasionally kind people here who are willing to take the time to help or even create somebody else's project, but it is rare.You are, of course, welcome to ask, and if you are fortunate somebody will respond to your request, but normally the best qualified person to carry out a scenery project is the one who shows an interest in it, and that means you in this particular case.Most projects are not particularly difficult, and there is plenty of help here from more experienced users. Please do consider trying scenery design again. If so many others have mastered it, then you can as well.Best regards.Luis

I wonder how difficult it would be to do VFR Jersey. I'm amazed that Guernsey and Alderney have been covered commercially but no sign of Jersey yet.

1) Marquette Sawyer Airport (KSAW) Marquette, MI. The scenery would require making a completely new model for the terminal and other buildings. This is my hometown airport and I would love to fly into/ out of it with realistic scenery. A few new buildings/rearranging the tarmac a teeny bit is all it would need.
The only one who'd stand a chance of obtaining the necessary photo resources to take on such a project would be someone who, like yourself, lives close enough to make personal visits and have enough luck to get permission to access the ramp areas...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

@n4gix I apologize for the thread drift. I have to ask you of your opinion on the difference between the GTS 240 and the GTX 550Ti given that you have both cards. I'm running an i7 860 based system and I can't decide if the upgrade to the GTX 550Ti is a worthwhile one.

@n4gix I apologize for the thread drift. I have to ask you of your opinion on the difference between the GTS 240 and the GTX 550Ti given that you have both cards. I'm running an i7 860 based system and I can't decide if the upgrade to the GTX 550Ti is a worthwhile one.
To be quite frank, I've noticed no difference between them in terms of visual quality or performance.As FS is primarily CPU bound, it makes more economic sense to focus on CPU, memory speed/timings, and MB bus speeds in the short run.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Creating custom (photo-real) ground textures of the island of Jersey is absurdly easy. In less than 5 minutes, you can create this project and with almost no effort at all.Please see Make photo-real ground textures in Flight Simulator Xavailable in the Avsim libraryhttp://library.avsim...xsd&DLID=140539Best regards.Luis

Creating custom (photo-real) ground textures of the island of Jersey is absurdly easy. In less than 5 minutes, you can create this project and with almost no effort at all.
It may take you only 5 minutes Luis Straight Face.gifIt took me more than 5 hours to create the photo textures and associated vector polygons Rolling Eyes.gifGeorge

Oh, well, George, you are much more meticulous than me. So, the final result must be stunning, payware quality.But, it was a good line to encourage a beginner, wasn't it?Best regards.Luis

But, it was a good line to encourage a beginner, wasn't it?
LOLGeorge