Sign in to follow this  
Nelvean

Kai Tak Landing

Hello everyone,This is my first post in forum and my first not bad landing at Kai Tak RWY13.Please correct me if im doing somethings wrong.Best RegardsHakan

Almost perfect, except for two flaws that I noticed:1. Forgot the landing lights2. Started your turn too early (flashing lead-in lights on your left instead centered)These are my opinions. Someone who knows better might have other (maybe also conflicting) comments.

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

Welcome Hakam :)It will be easier with less fuel and a bit slower, but nice landing nevertheless!

Thanks for comment..I noticed i started to turn too early, I think my Logitech 3D pro is dying, hard to control it sometimes, it changes the wing level with too small movement...

Use autobrakes 2, arm the speedbrake, use reversed thrust...you ware low on the short final....practice makes it:)))

Too low! And low speed on landing/Interceptors- not armed!No Reverse!

Thanks Dazz,I was a "reset then fly, reset then fly" tries thats why I forgot "Landing lights" and "Fuel"Regards

Nice video but way too low on final if you ask me. Beautiful lighting, though why didn't you set up the gauge backlighting?Keep them coming. Can't get enough vids of the NGX. Andrew

More known as spoilers, or lift fumpers in western aircraft. Interceptori - in eastern planes. Like your avatar. :)

Never heard that term: Interceptors what is it?
Speed brake - use ARM mode before landing

In western Naboo this is an interceptor:interceptor.jpgNever tried landing in Kai Taktooine though, might work yeah

Select approach Vref, so you know what speed to fly and also so that it appears on the speedtape. Pretty good effort for a first crack at it.

Jeff Hunter

Yeah as mentioned, 4 red lights on the PAPI, which you can see to the side of the runway, is not good. In real life the other pilot would be calling it out and unless you correct, they would be hitting the TOGA buttons or taking over. I'm pretty sure that your wings flew through some rooftops on that one.The approach angle, as shown on the HGS was right on for most of the approach, but when you started your turn to final you let the nose drop. Every time you turn remember that you need to increase back pressure to prevent the nose from dropping (unless that is what you are trying to accomplish). Use the velocity vector on the HGS, it showed right away the increase in your descent angle on the turn.And as previously mentioned, don't forget to select your landing speed based on the flaps you will use. Standard procedure in airline flying you would select it every time. In the sim, you could also use the AOA indicator dial on your PFD if you know where it should be on approach. That is very accurate and is always the same number regardless of weight. So it is good if you just want to go out and do some bounce-n'gos around the patch.