Sign in to follow this  
denver69

how to use fps limiter

Hi,I downloaded FPS limiter 0.2 and have no idea how to use it, the read me does not explain. There are a bunch off .dll's and an installer that does not work (flashes quickly a box and then nothing). The GUI opens but I have no idea how to use this with FSX. I would like to try this external fps limiter thing I hear so much about.Thanks

<p>Denv</p><p>Here is a link to  several posts I made when explaining how to use FPS_Limiter - it may help. <a href="http://www.simforums.com/forums/need-help-with-fps-limiter-20_topic40627_post238506.html?KW=phase#238506">http://www.simforums.com/forums/need-help-with-fps-limiter-20_topic40627_post238506.html?KW=phase#238506</a></p><p>Just be aware it really only benefits older computers and the inbuilt FSX is fairly good without any resource drain.</p><p>The steps are similar to these:</p><p>UAC should off.</p><div>You need to  run the .JAR file - right click run as admin -  (JAVA must be installed) and a  menu screen will open and you will be asked to create a  .BAT file </div><div>Under settings fill in</div><div>Choose D3D9</div><div>Name: fsx or whatever</div><div>Path: Path to fsx.exe</div><div>max fps (I used to use 30)</div><div>logging: leave</div><div>OSD (see below)</div><div>Create BAT - press and it will save a BAT file wherever you have fps limiter installed.</div><div> </div><div>the BAT file <strong>actually drives FPS Limiter,</strong> and you can edit it with notepad.  (You can create a bat file using notepad (Google) and it should contain a line something like:</div><div> </div><div>start C:"Program Files (x86)FPS LIMITER"FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9 /f:30 /x:ON /l:OFF "E:Microsoft Flight Simulator Xfsx.exe.)</div><div> </div><div>This shows I have extracted the .RAR file using WinZip or WinRAR or Windows to</div><div>C:"Program Files (x86)FPS LIMITER, started the "fps limiter exe" file, and put in the parameters</div><div>R:D3D: just tells the app that you are using directx 9</div><div>f: 30 fps you want to set,</div><div>x: if you want to hide using the F12 key - I leave it off.</div><div>l: is logging you use that if you have an issue.</div><div> </div><div>The app then opens FSX which is on my E:Drive and its done.  Note the quotation marks are needed exactly as shown.</div><div> </div><div>Note: the .BAT file is the only way that you can start fps limiter and open FSX.  So if you want fps limiter active create a desktop shortcut for the BAT file and run it each time you want to use it.  Note it only limits the top fps ie if set at 30 it will keep the sim around that figure but if you are in heavy scenery/complex plane the fps will still fall below 30 fps.</div><div>Hope this helps</div><div>pH</div>

Thanks for that. You know, ever since I let Bojote modify my config my FSX runs at 40fps average with all sliders maxed and many complex add ons. Do I really need the fps limiter. I am running unlimited with no problems.