Sign in to follow this  
Reason

The fate of FS9

Sorry for the sentimental title. We are all aware that developers are slowly turning to FSX, it's a matter of time until they really focus on fsx. Well nothing is wrong with that. But due to the large numbers of fs9 users, will we, fs9 users, still be able to fly the next PMDG's T7? That's all I ask. I realise that the Douglas I am flying now may be the last product they released for not only fsx but also for fs9. I really enjoy flying the Douglas a lot, and also the Queen and NG for fs9, years back . Nevermind the NGX as IMO we have iFly as a decent replacement for the series yet I'm a bit worried that the T7 will never be released for fs9. I browsed here and there yet they are confusing and I hardly find convincing statement. Can anyone confirm that the T7 will also be available for fs9 (or not)? Or at least give me some links. Moving FSX is just hard to do for me. Like the folks said, it was a lot of cash we have invested for fs9. Thank YouRegards,Prabowo

We are all aware that developers are slowly turning to FSX, it's a matter of time until they really focus on fsx
No offence, mate, but this topic has REALLY been done to death.This dead horse really deserves some final rest... wink.pngI replied to you in another thread about developers 'turning to FSX', so no point in repeating here.And no, the T7 by PMDG will NOT be made for FS9 as it has never even been planned to be.PMDG are at the moment FSX-only developers. Their decision, no problem for me to be honest.

I would think that the PMDG T7 would be FSX only as they have long ago abandoned FS9 development.They have stated that time and time again so I would not keep my hopes up, if I were you.But you never know, ofcourse.

But you never know, of course.
Tom, this is something about life in general, which I love and hate at the same time! biggrin.png

Tom, this is something about life in general, which I love and hate at the same time! biggrin.png
Same here matey same here Praying.gifBy the way, I have gone to the darkside too, I'm actually using FSX for leisure flying Shocked.gif

I have gone to the darkside too
............. Devil.gif ................. .

Given that MS are getting ready to start beta testing of the new sim, I think we can get ready to close the door on FS9 and be grateful that it has stayed competitive and "alive" for so long... There are probably enough products in the pipeline to keep our credit cards from getting overweight in the meantime, but if MS maintain their past pattern of one wonderful version, followed by a dud, followed by a wonderful version - then next year even I will be saying goodbye to FS9 - with a few tears in my eyes I may add.

Given that MS are getting ready to start beta testing of the new sim, I think we can get ready to close the door on FS9 and be grateful that it has stayed competitive and "alive" for so long... There are probably enough products in the pipeline to keep our credit cards from getting overweight in the meantime, but if MS maintain their past pattern of one wonderful version, followed by a dud, followed by a wonderful version - then next year even I will be saying goodbye to FS9 - with a few tears in my eyes I may add.
Flight looks to be a small 'Flight Unlimited' type version that only covers Hawaii. FS9 may be around longer than you think. That being said no one is stopping you from using the sim for the next 10 years if you like.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Yes - I'm not holding my breath for MS Flight. I'll be happy to be proved wrong, but I expect it to be a major disappointment.

Graeme Butler

I love how people think it'll be a Hawaii only sim solely based on the fact that no teasing shots have been shown covering other parts of the world. Why would MS, given the track record of this particular franchise older than Windows itself, all in a sudden abandon the entire world in favor of a few small islands in the middle of nowhere? This is teasers doing what teasers are meant to do. They tease and entice. MS wants people to focus on what's new about the sim by concentrating all eyeballs on a very localized area. Yes MS Flight will be a major surprise, to all those who don't expect to see beyond hawaii.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Current viable MS sims are FS9 and FSX. Commercial devs are phasing FS9 Development out because the community no longer supports it at a level which causes ROI.The jury is still out regarding MS Flight...cool.png

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Same here matey same here Praying.gifBy the way, I have gone to the darkside too, I'm actually using FSX for leisure flying Shocked.gif
............. Devil.gif ................. .
Aha! Heretics amongst us! tongue.pngSeriously, I believe that FS9 has some life left. How many have preached about it's imminent demise, yet it is still here and add-ons are being developed. But as Rafal wrote, this dead horse of a topic should be left to rest in peace, LOL.As for Flight - and X-plane for that matter - I am not particularly excited for a simple reason - FS9 gives me total satisfaction and provides for everything I need in a flight sim. As long as there are those "wow!" moments still present, I have no reason to look elsewhere. I've tried FSX, I've tried X-plane, heck, I've been simming since C-64 days and with FS9, I've come to a spot where I am happy. Period.Just my 0.02€Regards,Jure

Seriously, I believe that FS9 has some life left.
Affirmative.As far as I'm concerned, the success of the new MS Flight (or any new flight simulator for that matter) depends on the availability of (payware) add-ons,and thus of support of the major publishers.I think it will take at least a year or two, and probably more before I'm ready to ditch my FS9 installation for another flight simulator.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11