Sign in to follow this  
GoranM

Latest update 10.03 beta 2

Huge performance increase. HDR was impossible to have on before. With this update, HDR enabled with atmo scattering and FXAA, I'm getting 30-40fps.Load times are faster as well.

hmm there is no mention in the release notes on those areas but sounds good.An update 10.03 beta 3 is mentioned which includes planemaker and airfoil maker so is probably not too urgent for most users.Still waiting for my discs, next week hopefully.Pete

hmm there is no mention in the release notes on those areas but sounds good.An update 10.03 beta 3 is mentioned which includes planemaker and airfoil maker so is probably not too urgent for most users.Still waiting for my discs, next week hopefully.Pete
Don't know what they did but I'm glad they did it.HDR is rockin' it!Load time might be something I did. I remembered I turned down AI to none. So it wasn't loading those extra aircraft.My bad. (memory ain't what it used to be)

I just tried it, and I'm able to use HDR with no apparent loss of performance. We'll see if it holds since I've had problems with it before.

Sounds good! I'll update ASAP. Yes it's strange, I know they aren't deliberately optimising yet,but removing the bugs must have pleasant side effects. Ha, on 10.03b1, I get fluoro green water with HDR off! Fun. G, turn up shadows now, even if it slows down, it'll make your duchess interior look sweet in the sun!

HDR for me still no joy.

"It's ALL about Flying"

i7-9700k @5ghz | 32gb Gskill Ripjaw 5 DDR4 3000 | Nvidia RTX 4080 | W10 Pro | Samsung 32" 4K TV 

Sounds good! I'll update ASAP. Yes it's strange, I know they aren't deliberately optimising yet,but removing the bugs must have pleasant side effects. Ha, on 10.03b1, I get fluoro green water with HDR off! Fun.G, turn up shadows now, even if it slows down, it'll make your duchess interior look sweet in the sun!
One thing to remember, everyone needs to be running at 32 bit color depth.

Tested a bit more before work and found that enabling HDR causes my framerates to fluctuate by a relatively wide margain, so I'll be at 35 one moment, change my point of view, and suddenly it drops down to 20. With HDR off, it'll go from 35 to 28 under the same circumstances (numbers may not be exact). So I can get good performance with HDR, but it's very dependent on exactly what's in the frame at any given moment. Performance is more stable without, so I'll probably leave it off for now.

Cool, I'll test it out, I actually lost frames with the last update, so lets see what happens with this one.

Sadly, for me the difference turned out to be quite insignificant. Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Latest patch seems to have fixed the incompatabilities with the Carenado F33! Hdr still takes my computer to a crawl.

I get better framesrates turning HDR on! Go figure.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

At night no change (still low fps)In day no change (low fps)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Something is broken on this update-at least on my system. It starts up fine and fine performance-but if I move to a different airport it crawls 1/2-1 fps and even freezes for up to 10 seconds. Also-was mistaken on it fixing the problems with Carenado F33.