Sign in to follow this  
Superpilotv2

No Way, Captain...

Hi guys,at the begnning of november Captain Sim finally released the 4.6 update for the 757 which corrected a lot of things and made the plane better than it ever was. I wondered when get this uppdate, cause I bought the box at Just Flight. Thus I checked their website every day and till now nothing has happened.Now I´ve just read in the german flight simulation magazin "FSMagazin" (very good, btw!!smile.png) that I´ll never get this update!!!! Shame%20On%20You.gif Someone from CS explaind to the editor of the magazin that "their contract with Just Flight has expired" and therefore the ones who bought the box at Just Flight will never get that update. Only the customers which bought it right away from CS will get it. Shame%20On%20You.gifI tought I missiread something, WHAT they say??? I´ve paid 40€ from my rare pocket money I get as a schoolboy and that all just to be left with an plane which has been patched freely for a lot of other customers. Now I have to pay another 50€ just to get an update for a plane I´ve allready own !!!!!! angry.pngWell, thought about getting ther 727 but now i don´t think they´ll ever get my money! I´ll rather quit Fs than buy anything from them again!!! angry.png

Hi guys,at the begnning of november Captain Sim finally released the 4.6 update for the 757 which corrected a lot of things and made the plane better than it ever was. I wondered when get this uppdate, cause I bought the box at Just Flight. Thus I checked their website every day and till now nothing has happened.Now I´ve just read in the german flight simulation magazin "FSMagazin" (very good, btw!!smile.png) that I´ll never get this update!!!! Shame%20On%20You.gif Someone from Csw explaind to the editor of the magazin that "their contract with Just Flight is expired" and therefore the ones who bought the box at Just Flight will never get that update. Only the customers which bought it right away from CS will get it. Shame%20On%20You.gifI tought I missiread something, WHAT they say??? I´ve paid 40€ from my rare pocket money I get as a schoolboy and that all just to be left with an plane which has been patched freely for a lot of other customers. Now I have to pay another 50€ just to get an update for a plane I´ve allready own !!!!!! angry.pngWell, thought about getting ther 727 but now i don´t think they´ll ever get my money! I´ll rather quit Fs than buy anything from them again!!! angry.png
I know it's frustrating but that's the risk you take when you buy from a 3rd party when software is involved. The problem is JF doesn't share it's customer base to CS, so there isn't an easy way for CS to verify legitimate JS 757 customers. The only way to do it, would be for the JF customer to email their receipts to CS for verification, which of course is a manual process, which takes resources, that CS doesn't or is not willing because of cost to provide. Also JF probably uses a different copy protection scheme then CS uses, and the existing update won't work with it. For CS to provide an update, they would have to build an installer that would work with JF's scheme, and since their relationship has terminated, for whatever reason, doing so could violate JF's copyrights.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Sorry you feel that way Stephen. However, you did not purchase the 757 from Captain Sim you purchased a repackaged version through Just Flight. My thinking is that you should be disappointed with with Just Flight for not supporting their product not with Captain Sim. The 727 is a nice bird....will be your loss.Regards,Bob

I don't think that anybody spoke to that magazine, but that someone from the magazine read the thread in the CS forums rather superficially. As the two posters above explained, your box is from JF and they have to open the path for their customers.I, personally, think that CS left out a nice chance to make the now spoiled JF customers happy with e. g. a very cheap or even offer to 'convert'. They also get the main image impact as the people relate the 757 to CS of course, not to the vendor of that box.If you had bought the box at Aerosoft, there wouldn't be a problem with getting updates, so it's at least a two party game we're talking about, with you being the third one, spoiled.The JF part, in my eyes, seems to block something and CS doesn't have the drive and/or possibility to correct it. Just assuming here, but the legal part is that the vendor of that box is the one in charge, not the one who sold the box' ingredients to that party.For whatever reason the JF customers don't get a valid order number like e. g. the Aerosoft ones do. Some guy in that thread posted a JF conversation and all I could read was a polite 'blame the others'. So the friendly customers are left between two stools and no company having the possibility to pick them up does.When you read that thread over there, you may see that some of us are on your side, understanding that the situation is far away from being satisfying.I gave that advice before: the Christmas sales may come up, so you get a 10 Euro 'convert fee'. Won't be looking nice right now, being upset, but maybe later. Again, I don't understand why companies act that way.

Sorry you feel that way Stephen. However, you did not purchase the 757 from Captain Sim you purchased a repackaged version through Just Flight. My thinking is that you should be disappointed with with Just Flight for not supporting their product not with Captain Sim. The 727 is a nice bird....will be your loss.Regards,Bob
I know the 727 is nearly perfect. I´ve allready got the demo version.

I don't think that anybody spoke to that magazine, but that someone from the magazine read the thread in the CS forums rather superficially. As the two posters above explained, your box is from JF and they have to open the path for their customers.I, personally, think that CS left out a nice chance to make the now spoiled JF customers happy with e. g. a very cheap or even offer to 'convert'. They also get the main image impact as the people relate the 757 to CS of course, not to the vendor of that box.If you had bought the box at Aerosoft, there wouldn't be a problem with getting updates, so it's at least a two party game we're talking about, with you being the third one, spoiled.The JF part, in my eyes, seems to block something and CS doesn't have the drive and/or possibility to correct it. Just assuming here, but the legal part is that the vendor of that box is the one in charge, not the one who sold the box' ingredients to that party.For whatever reason the JF customers don't get a valid order number like e. g. the Aerosoft ones do. Some guy in that thread posted a JF conversation and all I could read was a polite 'blame the others'. So the friendly customers are left between two stools and no company having the possibility to pick them up does.When you read that thread over there, you may see that some of us are on your side, understanding that the situation is far away from being satisfying.I gave that advice before: the Christmas sales may come up, so you get a 10 Euro 'convert fee'. Won't be looking nice right now, being upset, but maybe later. Again, I don't understand why companies act that way.
Well I bought the JF box at Aerosoft cause back then I wasn´t allowed to use my parent´s credit card. (Which I now can use!!) You know what??? I´ll aksd Aerosoft whether my fellow countrymen can do anything for me.Btw. I´ve just read through your post on the Cs board and I luckily found my printed Aerosoft bill. So I´m just checking whether I can log in with that.Hmm, ther website states that only the order numbers of the Aerosoft 767 box will work.

Sounds like a good idea indeed. I didn't know the sell two types of boxes. However, the Aerosoft box guys with the CS plane get an order ID to log in to the CS update system. As I read it here, it may be that this only affects the 767 though.http://www.captainsi...port/boxed.html

Unfortunately none of the boxes (except Aerosoft B767) has the Order Number so you technically cannot check-in to access the Captain Sim Customer Support services. For support of the box please contact publishers directly.

Well I bought the JF box at Aerosoft cause back then I wasn´t allowed to use my parent´s credit card. (Which I now can use!!) You know what??? I´ll aksd Aerosoft whether my fellow countrymen can do anything for me.
If you bought the box from Aerosoft, then you should just have to login with the order number from Aerosoft, As CoolP states, Aerosoft provides a valid CS order number, which is needed to login to get the update. I believe only those who purchased it from JF directly are affected.Edit: Just saw Coolp post about it only applying to the 767, sorry!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Huh, that´s a pitty!!!I´m currently on writing the Aerosoft support, maybe they can help somehow.

Hi guys,I report back after I had a talk with the Aerosoft Support (they were damn fast, btw.): They told me that they don´t have any information from Captainsim about this update.So I´ll talk to CS directly now. Curious what they´ll say.Hmm, how can I send an e-mail to CS? I haven´t an order number to log in in their support area.

Thanks! smile.pngJust send this e-mail to CaptainSim:Hello CaptainSim,I´ve got an question regarding the 757 4.6 update for FSX. I bought the "757 Captain" published by Just Flight at Aerosoft. You´ve released your 4.6 update at the beginning of November and I´m wondering wher I can get this update. I´ve talked to the Aerosoft support but they told me that they haven´t got any information from you about this from CaptainSim.As I´m a student with no regular income, it is unaccepable to spend 50€ to buy the plane which I´m allready own again from your store just to get the update.So I´m just wondering whether I´ll ever get this update and where I´ll get it.Can you help me out on this?Sincerly yours, Steffen ReinboldCurious how (and if) they´ll respond.

I would love to see them taking care of the JF customers in that aspect. So I'm hoping for a solution. The Christmas sales can't be far away though.

I always think its best to buy direct from developers than buying from publishers just to avoid things like this. Although if you want boxed versions it might not be possible to always buy direct from the dev anf of course buying from a publisher can sometimes give you an item on sale that they dev doesnt offer. Needless to say, when it comes to getting upgrades on existing products or reworked versions of an original, you cant beat having bought originally from the dev where they have your proof of purchase on hand.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I always think its best to buy direct from developers than buying from publishers just to avoid things like this. Although if you want boxed versions it might not be possible to always buy direct from the dev anf of course buying from a publisher can sometimes give you an item on sale that they dev doesnt offer. Needless to say, when it comes to getting upgrades on existing products or reworked versions of an original, you cant beat having bought originally from the dev where they have your proof of purchase on hand.
You´re certainly right on this, I´ve now learned it on the hard way!! Back them when I bought the 757, I wasn´t allowed to by it on the net and use my parent´s credit card. Now I can use it and I haven´t regret it till now.Btw. I´ve got the mail back from CS. In contrast to what i´ve heared, their support was damn quick, just half an hour. Nevertheless, it seems that they´ve send me a form in wich they told that i should allways but by them directly instead of of boxes. they said i should question the publisher. Well, thet´s what i allready did (Aerosoft) or will do now (Just Flight). I haven´t any hope that this will turn out to be an success but if you don´t try, you won´t know it. :(