Sign in to follow this  
MrGsPhace

Text/caption/subtitles

Ok I have show text enabled and I don't believe this shows text of the resulting voices/responses??? While I can hear most of what they are saying (I'm hard of hearing) there is no subtitles, I thought I saw this before??? Anyway I need to get me adv display but it seems to work without it too

In the RC options you can enable display text to work with those functions however it does slow down RC response.Try that.

I couldn't get AvDisp to work anyway yes the module itself is working but RC isn't using it so I hope you come up with something better in RC5 I hate that red text and yes I noticed RC is pretty slow when displaying text but I don't remember it being slow on my much older PC. what I meant about subtitles/caption is that I thought or perhaps RC could include/paraphrase text word or word what ATC is saying (like the MSFS ATC) hopefully you will have figured out how to speed up RC when it comes to displaying text, if not that's ok too :)

To get rid of red text backup FSUIPC.ini. In the General section add the line:WhiteMessages=YesIs RC running on the same pc as FS? If it is and you have advanced display enabled under the modules folder in the FS Menu bar, then you should not require Showtext. That is for networked systems. Doesn't the display text option work without showtext on a non-networked pc? If RC is really slowed down it could be other resource hungry apps (including those on a networked client along with RC) that can really slow things down due to network traffic if RC is on a client.I am also hearing impaired regarding nerve deafness (loss of high frequencies). I use an external amplifier with headsets capable of high frequency response and reduce bass and increase treble on the external amp.Sample the RC voices you choose (the speaker symbol on each voice page) to limit pilots and controllers to the voices that work best for you.

To get rid of red text backup FSUIPC.ini. In the General section add the line:WhiteMessages=YesIs RC running on the same pc as FS? If it is and you have advanced display enabled under the modules folder in the FS Menu bar, then you should not require Showtext. That is for networked systems. Doesn't the display text option work without showtext on a non-networked pc? If RC is really slowed down it could be other resource hungry apps (including those on a networked client along with RC) that can really slow things down due to network traffic if RC is on a client.I am also hearing impaired regarding nerve deafness (loss of high frequencies). I use an external amplifier with headsets capable of high frequency response and reduce bass and increase treble on the external amp.Sample the RC voices you choose (the speaker symbol on each voice page) to limit pilots and controllers to the voices that work best for you.
No it isn't networked, I didn't realize showtext/avdisp was for networked setups... but eventually I'd like to go networked someday to balance the load for all the FS apps I use I"m not sure if showtext is another module or not, but the option to show text from RC does work on non networked PCs Yeah I have a hard time with low frequencies I have a sensory neural hearing loss (which I'm going to guess is similar to yours) I hear mostly in the high frequencies with some exceptions. While selecting the voices is doable, it just helps to have a visual aid (remember how kids complain there isn't enough aids (hearing, visual, etc) in school settings?) I rely on both but can do with either but hearing it is always fun! :)

Check in the FSUIPC general tab that multiline is enabled.

yes I have multiline enabledI have the box that gives me the ability to pres the numbers based on what kind of response I wan (7 for ak, 1 for ack & contact, 5 for start/push) etc that's the only show text I know about, is there more?