Sign in to follow this  
chiozza

Yawing and Pitching Excessively

Why do the flight models pitch and yaw so violently? This would break apart the planes. Is there a setting to calm this down, Why is the no sense of speed when taking off?

I am guessing you need to make a change to the sliders in the joystick set up. Sounds like your controller is too sensitive by default. I had the same issue with my warthog and then when I plugged in a saitek yoke as well.

I have a Saitek as welland am having difficulty with fluidity and smoothness of response.al

From this...

or a different sim
To this
I have a Saitek as welland am having difficulty with fluidity and smoothness of response.al
Nice edit.The x plane users can't really help until you guys post screenshots of your settings.Just saying "I'm having problems with the joystick" or "I'm having problems with HDR" doesn't really give us much to go on.If you're having problems with the joystick, post a screenshot of your joystick settings.

I have a Saitek as welland am having difficulty with fluidity and smoothness of response.
I did too until I spent some time tuning my joystick. I have a Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, which I've decided is basically crap but perfectly usable after adjusting things properly.

You probably have turbulence set too high in your weather settings. XP 10 does model turbulence a bit better than ver 9, but still too much too often it seems to me. Be sure that all the turbulance sliders are set to zero, and see if that is the problem.

From this...To thisNice edit.
So the guy tries - within a minute - to edit his post to arrive at a less inflammatory response. But you make sure to repost the original text so everybody can see it. Good diplomacy there.If you're trying to win people over to your X-Plane "community," this isn't the way to do it.

So the guy tries - within a minute - to edit his post to arrive at a less inflammatory response. But you make sure to repost the original text so everybody can see it. Good diplomacy there.If you're trying to win people over to your X-Plane "community," this isn't the way to do it.
Maybe the guy should think before he types inflammatory responses.It's not voice where you can make an honest mistake and then have to apologise. It's text. He should think before hitting the "Post" button.Did I want to make an example out of him? Sure. He did the same to me in an earlier post, by way of an insult, when I genuinely tried to help him.

XP 10 does model turbulence a bit better than ver 9, but still too much too often it seems to me.
How much better is it? I've dusted off XP9 and after flying it for a few days I'm reminded of one of the reasons I shelved it in the first place. The turbulance in XP9 is exaggerated to comical proportions. If I turn on real world weather and there's a few kts of breeze the plane starts bouncing around like it's caught in a hurricane - literally! If the weather gets much worse than a light wind the plane often becomes pretty much uncontrollable. I've flown real ultralights in a light wind with only mild buffeting as a result and none of the heavy pitching and yawing that's nearly always present in XP9 when flying a much heavier more stable aircraft. So if I want to enjoy the sim I have to turn real world weather off. I tried to compare the real world weather around KSEA last night in XP9 and XP10 and the difference seemed big? XP9 had rediculous buffeting, XP10 had none. So did they really address this issue or was last night an anomaly?? So far when using the demo and RWW I haven't had any bad experiences with turbulence.

How much better is it? I've dusted off XP9 and after flying it for a few days I'm reminded of one of the reasons I shelved it in the first place. The turbulance in XP9 is exaggerated to comical proportions. If I turn on real world weather and there's a few kts of breeze the plane starts bouncing around like it's caught in a hurricane - literally! If the weather gets much worse than a light wind the plane often becomes pretty much uncontrollable. I've flown real ultralights in a light wind with only mild buffeting as a result and none of the heavy pitching and yawing that's nearly always present in XP9 when flying a much heavier more stable aircraft. So if I want to enjoy the sim I have to turn real world weather off. I tried to compare the real world weather around KSEA last night in XP9 and XP10 and the difference seemed big? XP9 had rediculous buffeting, XP10 had none. So did they really address this issue or was last night an anomaly?? So far when using the demo and RWW I haven't had any bad experiences with turbulence.
I had unreal (in a good way) rw downloads since the demo came out that took my breath away. However, yesterday since the new patch I suddenly experienced what you mention which was also a turnoff to me in the past xplane incarnations-so for me-not sure-I sure hope this is not the case.

Maybe the guy should think before he types inflammatory responses.It's not voice where you can make an honest mistake and then have to apologise. It's text. He should think before hitting the "Post" button.Did I want to make an example out of him? Sure. He did the same to me in an earlier post, by way of an insult, when I genuinely tried to help him.
Uh, right.Tongue is subject to impulse but fingers are not. No forgiveness, not even for the space of a minute.Eye for an eye.Way to be.

Uh, right.Tongue is subject to impulse but fingers are not. No forgiveness, not even for the space of a minute.Eye for an eye.Way to be.
Oh I forgive him.Absolutely and whole heartedly.TBH, this isn't the place to have a discussion about morals. Feel free to PM me should you wish to discuss it further.