Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird8

Best FSX tweak to get better FPS on the NGX

some of he biggest frame killers are airline traffic, autogen, water, I use very few tweaks, the more you play with it the more obsesessed you get with it. A fast computer is the key!!!!!

I would have to say the single most effective tweak I've made is increasing my CPU multiplier from 34 to 47.

I remember that PMDG didn't want to admit there was a problem [highmemfix solved]. My friend tried constant times in forums to try and get a fix for skeletan airframes.It amazes me that someone like ******* could find something like that,honestly to me putting/descovering 'highmemfix' is as mad as putting into the config, 'makefsxminimum=40fps" or you know?! :( XD

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Not sure if you lot are aware of this i guess so as some clever peeps in here..I was reading yesturday about this little friend that is sat in the FSX Config.. = Texture Bandwidth Multi= That my default is currently set to = 40 apparently i have read that try changing that to the figure of what your frames are currently locked at. I'e like myself i use a frame limiter and i have it set to 30. so i tried it and yeah there is a slight difference seems smoother in flight because it is linking the locked frames with the scenery and seems to load faster too.. regards Steve

HIGHMEMFIX=1 is a must have for the fsx.cfg. Forget that buffer threshold thingy. Snake oil at best. FPS performance killers in FSX are too much AI aircraft traffic, the ground traffic ( a REAL killer there), too high water settings, the fsx internal bloom setting, and autogen set too high. I find that the NGX is not any where near the performance hog that some say it is. I can fly into any payware airport of my choice that has been coded efficiently, as have most if the current market leaders like FT, FSDT and so on, with good enough performance, even in heavy weather. It is all about finding the sweet spot that fits your system. There will always be some trade off if you want to have some performance stretching setting. Although the hardware these days is now capable of taking a lot that you can throw at it, there is still a compromise to be met, particularly with set ups containing variables such UT, UTX, GEX, complex addon airports, REX HD textures and high settings for weather (cloud draw distances, high number of layers and so on). In such cases, the physical 4Gb memory limit for a 32 bit app is going to be reached. Nothing can repair that other than lowering settings. Andrew

My best tweak for fsx is dont touch anythingJust%20Kidding.gif

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg