Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird8

Best FSX tweak to get better FPS on the NGX

Yep I've noticed this too.All well, high frames per second, 30-40 in the cruise, then for no apparent reason it drops tp 9 FPS.Sometimes if you hit Alt/Enter and back again it reverts back to the higher FPS. Sometimes you just have to wait a few minutes.Weird.

That happened when I was above the sea. London was far away. But anyway when I fly above then heathrow Extreme from UK2000, I never get big drop of FPS. It something like 20-30 in VC with view to the airport with traffic from UT2.I sorted it out with my UT2 with ICAO tool from VACC GERMANY. The guy Peter Hornfeck made a tool to get proper traffic showing in fsinn. Here is the link http://board.vacc-sag.org/45/40957/But the thing is that I didn't get big FPS drop on fly-in when there was 20-40 planes. But when I got FPS drop, there was just 2 planes nearby. It definitely a bug.
Then it's likely to be because one or more of your Ai models is buggy.Tim

And I should add, in my case, thats with default AI thats set very low, 10%. No AI in the vicinity.

Then it's likely to be because one or more of your Ai models is buggy.Tim
What you mean buggy? Thats verbiage if you dont know exactly what you talking about.

Lefteris taught ******* Altuve all he knows and Lefteris is the master for FSX IMO...Here is his file; http://forums.flight...turefix-v11zip/ You will benefit by using it.
I disagree a lot with you.What Lefteris made this utility is to make easy the application of the tweaks discovered by ******* Altuve.As you can read in the readme.txt file about this utility:"A very dedicated FSX user, ******* Altuve, found some fsx.cfg undocumented settings that fix this problem with disappearing textures for the majority of the users who have tried them.So, it does nothing more than what is already recommended by PMDG with the HIGHMEMFIX. The only difference here is it does it automatically, you don't have to touch the fsx.cfg manually by yourself."Cheers.

Gerard Cabezón
Check my Youtube's Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Gerardius

No, we were told my Microsoft after ******* discovered this stuff that this particular one is bogus and could actually hurt performance.
Huh, did not know that. Going to go delete that from my cfg.

Eric 

Was you flying over london at all anytime of that flight ..London is a massive frame killer i don't know why but ever time i fliy into london my frames drop with or without addons in
No i was not. My rig deals with London well. I like to fly practice circuits there a lot since upgrading my rig and never have bad FPS there anymore. It really is an odd problem.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

I don't know. This FSX is very strange. I departed from England to Germany. I had lot's of traffic, but still got 20-35 fps during taxi and takeoff. But after 5000-10000ft I got really big fps hit for no reason. I had just 2-3 planes in my range. But there was pretty big layer of clouds above the sea.If I move camera to pedestal, or overhead, I get normal FPS.Many people tell that NVIDIA is good for rendering clouds versus ATI, but I must disagree. I have GTX570 and sometimes get 5-10fps for whatever reason...maybe clouds, maybe something else...After leveling off and few minutes later, fps came back.
SAME RIG AND EXACLTY THE SAME PBS!!!!!!!!!!! you got it right sir!
Yep I've noticed this too.All well, high frames per second, 30-40 in the cruise, then for no apparent reason it drops tp 9 FPS.Sometimes if you hit Alt/Enter and back again it reverts back to the higher FPS. Sometimes you just have to wait a few minutes.Weird.
YES YES it also happened to me post release during summer time. since then i'm flying in windowed mode

I do apologise if this has been done to death already but I noticed a real lack of FPS the other day whilst there was a lot of traffic on VATSIM and I just wondered what people have found to be the main one, or main few tweaks that seem to make the biggest difference to FPS.I've tried using that ******* fella's cfg file but all it does is cause FS to hang and not start properly.
If you are using FSinn, you will get an FPS boost if: You put your mouse cursor on the FSinn control panel or the menu bar on top of the screen. Or make the FSinn control panel to disappear(click on x), it will make your mouse cursor to disappear after 5-6s.It is all related to the known "microsoft mouse cursor not disappearing FPS drainer issue".When flying on Vatsim I always click away the FSinn control panel when on the approach, since thats where usually you want as much FPS as possible:))

Lefteris taught ******* Altuve all he knows and Lefteris is the master for FSX IMO. His products are 'top draw' and he made available a fix that transformed my other computer and made FSX useable instead of a slide show, as it was before.Here is his file; http://forums.flight...turefix-v11zip/ You will benefit by using it.
I can´t see any diffr, against running http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.htmlHe also says ******* came up with this. The only thing Lefteris has done is making a program which canautomat this. But running the above link would be the same.HIGHMEMFIX are well known today, but the other fix below that I haven´t seen before. I have no probsso I wont add that one./ Leffe

What you mean buggy? Thats verbiage if you dont know exactly what you talking about.
If you follow the link in my earlier post you'll see that by forcing FSINN to exclude the use of particular AI models (and/or add-on models) to depict online traffic, you can restore lost FPS. Preventing FSINN from using add-on models makes obvious sense: a sky full of PMDG NGX models will be a demanding place for any CPU to handle. The AI models such as those which come with MyTraffic SHOULD not be a problem, because they ought to be very "light-weight" - and most of them are. Some, however, are not as "light-weight" as they should be. For some reason or another, some of them bring FSX to its knees. This is what I mean by "buggy". What makes them behave this way? I've no idea.Anyway, I have given the link to a solution ( http://board.vacc-sag.org/45/40957/ ) which works in my experience. You are the only one who can judge whether it works for you too.Tim

If you follow the link in my earlier post you'll see that by forcing FSINN to exclude the use of particular AI models (and/or add-on models) to depict online traffic, you can restore lost FPS. Preventing FSINN from using add-on models makes obvious sense: a sky full of PMDG NGX models will be a demanding place for any CPU to handle. The AI models such as those which come with MyTraffic SHOULD not be a problem, because they ought to be very "light-weight" - and most of them are. Some, however, are not as "light-weight" as they should be. For some reason or another, some of them bring FSX to its knees. This is what I mean by "buggy". What makes them behave this way? I've no idea.Anyway, I have given the link to a solution ( http://board.vacc-sag.org/45/40957/ ) which works in my experience. You are the only one who can judge whether it works for you too.Tim
Tim,With ICAO tool, I never had addon aircraft showing up by fsinn. If someone iz ZZZZ or flying with callsing of company, which does not have that aircraft - I still get traffic model like MD-11 or something...Only hell knows, what kills our FPS LOL.gifAlex

STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=2147483647I don't have this entry in my cfg file ...should I add it?
Hi mate, just go to:C:UsersusernameAppDataRoamingMicrosoftFSX, and search for youre fsx.cfgthen look in the graphics and add.regards.[GRAPHICS]AC_SELF_SHADOW=0AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=0ALLOW_SHADER_30=1COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1D3D10=1EFFECTS_QUALITY=1GROUND_SHADOWS=0HIGHMEMFIX=1IMAGE_QUALITY=0LANDING_LIGHTS=1NUM_LIGHTS=8See_Self=1TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024TEXTURE_QUALITY=3Text_Scroll=1SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693500672SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500672STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=2147483647

ATO VATMEX director, VATNA P1-P2 instructor (spanish), VATSIM 897455, more than 9000 hrs flight.

Tim,With ICAO tool, I never had addon aircraft showing up by fsinn. If someone iz ZZZZ or flying with callsing of company, which does not have that aircraft - I still get traffic model like MD-11 or something...Only hell knows, what kills our FPS LOL.gifAlex
There's another tool that matches installed aircraft with FSInn as well, called FSARF, available from code.google.com/p/fsarf/