Sign in to follow this  
fabiosko

Engines not responding to Thrust Lever Input

I am experiencing bad problems since a couple of days and I am getting mad!!!Both the animated power levers are moving when I increase thrust but no engine responds increasing any of its parameters.Keep moving forward the real trhottle I also get the aural warning sound.I already reinstalled averything.I am using CH Eclipse, assigned trough FSX controls. There is no trace in FSUIPC.ini for PMDG NGX at all.Thanks for help.Fabio

• Like 1

Fabio Poles - LIPZ
i7 7820X@4.9 NB@3.4 delid, NZXT Kraken62, Asus Prime X299-A, Gainward GTX1080 GLH, 32G GSkill 3600C15, 7Pro64-XP11 on Samsung950Pro

Hi FabioI have the same yoke as yourself but I use GoGlight throttles, however, if I go back to the Eclipse yoke I can only replicate your problem when engines are not running.What have you changed or added in the last couple of days? If you were to apply thrust on your yoke but the throttles weren't moving in the NGX then it would be an assignment or calibration issue.Please confirm that you have engines running when trying the above?

Yes I have engines running. What is strange is that in VC the lever follows my hardware input, but there is no engine feedback.I also find this:http://forum.avsim.n...r-engine-start/I have exact problem.In the last two days I played around with Maddog, nothingelse...

Fabio Poles - LIPZ
i7 7820X@4.9 NB@3.4 delid, NZXT Kraken62, Asus Prime X299-A, Gainward GTX1080 GLH, 32G GSkill 3600C15, 7Pro64-XP11 on Samsung950Pro

This is mostly likely a user error, because you're getting the configuration alarm when you advance the thrust levers forward. Make sure you follow the checklists correctly. Do you see any warning lights on the overhead panel and/or is the master caution light illuminated? I don't know exactly what's causing the engines not to respond to thrust levers, but I think that something might have been left off. Follow these steps on startup.Battery - onGround power - onIRS - off, then navIRS position - past in FMC POS INT pageWindow heat - onProbe heat - offAll anti-ice - offTrim air - onRecirculation fans - autoPacks - autoIsolation valve - openEngine bleed air - onFMC - configure for flightMCP - set course, speed, heading and initial altitude1 fuel pump - onAPU - startAPU generators - onAPU bleedair - onAll fuel pumps - onHydraulic pumps - on (this might be the cause! So make sure all 4 are on!)Yaw damper - onTrim - setAnti collision light - onGround power - off and disconnectPacks - offEngine #2 start switch - GNDWait until 25% N2Engine fuel supply (the switch under the thrust levers) - openDo the same for engine #1After engine start:Engine generators - onAPU - offAPU bleedair - offPacks - autoIsolation valve - autoProbe heat - on

Thanks for replay but I did not forgewt anything from you list.I also find very strange to get aural warning and VC throttle movement without having engines reacting...

Fabio Poles - LIPZ

Thanks for replay but I did not forgewt anything from you list.I also find very strange to get aural warning and VC throttle movement without having engines reacting...
I've had the same problem a couple of times. In my case one engine responds and another doesn't (I'm using a Sidewinder joystick with a single throttle input).This is nothing to do with not following the checklist corrrectly. The engines started as normal. The VC throttle levers and the blue arcs on the N1 indicator showing throttle position are working correctly, so the sim is sensing the position OK but for some reason one engine does not respond. Stopping and restarting FSX has cured the problem each time, but it's frustrating to have gone through pre-flight and be ready to taxi and have to start over again.Kevin Hall
  • Like 1

ki9cAAb.jpg

I solved my problem with following oprations in sequence:1. delete or rename FSUIPC.ini2. Start FSX and let it rebuild new ini file3. Shutdown FSX and restart it.4. Create a new FSX default flight file (possibly with C172 cold and dark) and save it.5. Delete old FSX default file.6. Restart FSX and everything it's ok again.Hope this can help.Ciao

• Like 1

Fabio Poles - LIPZ

I am also having this problem. Six hours trying to fix this morning with no success. Like the posters above, the throttles move in the animation, the takeoff config horn sounds, yet no thrust is delivered and N1 does not increase. I have tried the following with no success:1. Removed any axis calibration using FSUIPC (registered version) - No change2. Went back to PMDG House version 800 with winglets - No change.3. Tried all of the suggestions in this thread and others - No change4. Probably worse using the new SP1B releaseThe latest, after spending six hours on this... I somehow manage to get both engines running and responding to the throttles and taxi out. Line up, 40% N1, TOGA and at about 80 knots the engines spool down to 18% N1 and I have no throttle control.I love this airplane, but it has become very frustrating in the current state. Given the fact that we see throttle movement in the animation I believe this is an internal PMDG bug. Anyone have any suggestions?

• Like 1

Parker Freeman - KTPA
i7 8700k@4.8, Asus Maximus X, Nvidia 1080TI, Win 10 , Saitek X65

One suggestion --- try loading the new FSUIPC version 4.749f. At least that got me off the ground in the house 900 without throttle problems

Parker Freeman - KTPA
i7 8700k@4.8, Asus Maximus X, Nvidia 1080TI, Win 10 , Saitek X65

Update, just tried slewing into the air... unslewing when in the air and then slewing back to the ground. All fixed and flies like normal :)Have flown the NGX a lot and only just had this problem today, which coincides with selecting/loading a panel state which I had not ever used before. Possible reason?

I had the same issue just only one time.Got a new joystick these days. The joystick was working as it should, but suddenly on one occassion I loaded the NGX, the throttles wheren't working anymore.VC levers moving, starting config alarm cames up, but no response from the engines.Reloading the NGX cured it then.As others said, that slewing also works, this let me assume that it is a kind of initialisation error.I had sth similar on an other addon during a betatest, too.But I got this error now the first time since month' ...

• Like 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings All,Had the same issue as well. What worked for me was to make sure the NGX was not the default startup aircraft. I had the MS Cessna 172 as the default aircraft, then switched to the NGX once loaded and parked at the airport. I know this is not the recommendation of PMDG from their manuals, but it worked to solve this issue.

• Like 1

-Todd

I solved my problem with following oprations in sequence:

1. delete or rename FSUIPC.ini

2. Start FSX and let it rebuild new ini file

3. Shutdown FSX and restart it.

4. Create a new FSX default flight file (possibly with C172 cold and dark) and save it.

5. Delete old FSX default file.

6. Restart FSX and everything it's ok again.

Hope this can help.

Ciao

Genius , Struggled with this problem for yonks , Did as suggested above except I left out deleting FSX Default File , Worked like a charm , Thank You. When creating the default flight use one of FSX's default aircraft ,

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X; ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 OC Edition,; Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 64GBSamsung Odyssey G70B 32inch 144Hz 4K UHD IPS Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160
Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; Tobii 5 Eye Tracker,  Trustmaster Boeing Yoke & Quadrant 

Paul Nicholls

Ive got he answer!!

Somehow it stops working when you hit ctrl + e

I hit ctrl e again and now it works again.