Sign in to follow this  
Amund Brakstad

Issues using NGX with ASE?

Hi allAre there any issues to fly the NGX with Active Sky Evolution?? When i do simulation graphics tend to freeze after a while,Than after a few minutes my screen get black, but no CTD, can stil hear sounds of FSX. Could this be a cause of myhardware are to weak? Memory?My specs:intel core 2 quad Q6700 @ 266GHz, 4 GB RAM, nVIDIA GF GTX 480 and Win 7 64bit. Corsair 750W PSU.I'm worried it is my system memory that are not good enough because some times i've got message that says"system ran out of memory". I can tell that i have no issues when flying other PMDG addons, i have 747X, Bae JS4100and the MD-11..I've started a new PC-build that will be ready in two weeks, than i hope that will sole my problems, The new build will contain:i7 k2600, 16GB PATRIOT RAM, 240GB OCZ SSD, 1TB WD 7200RPM, Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit, GTX 480 1536MB DDR5,Corsair 1050W PSU.If anyone have suggestions how to set up hard drives and instalation of FSX, feel free to share your ideas.

That systems looks darn good. (you won´t have any probs with a high end ac now)For setting up FSX, just install it in C or D like D:FSX.After you started FSX, go here: http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.htmlFill in if you are using HT or not for your i7 2600K. (I use HT)FSX wont take any advantage of HT, but I use other games so therefore I have it on.If you decide to have it off, then you also save some degree in cpu temp.No big diffr otherwise, even if HT off does some 1-3 FPS perhaps.Also set FSX Unlimited and use FPS Limiter and set that to 30FPS (I have it like that)Never had any probs with the NGX and FSX. Also apply a copy of Vista version of UiAutomatonCore.dll to your FSX Root folder.(This will help with the Black screen and CTD)HighMemFix= 1 and a lot of other stuff will be included in your cfg if you run the above link (******* link)HighMemfix makes that you wont have a skeleton ac or other peculiar thing with the graphic for the ac.Good Luck./ Leffe

I also have a couple of other addons running, like: Ultimatr traffic, Audio Enviroment and a lot of scenerys. With current system i use FPS limiter, setto 20 FPS, and most slider are set to below 50%, for IFR with addon aircrafts, I'm use quite higher settings with not so coplex addons. Using a lot of tweaks to cfg-files.

I remember when I used the latest build of ASE, SimConnect would have issues. Whenever ASE would update the weather, the sim would hang because SimConnect was getting slammed (or something to that effect). I went back to Build 752 and it fixed the issue.

Kyle Rodgers

For what it is worth i am running 737NGX also with ASE and have no freezes or whatever.Just moved ase to another pc to free up the fsx pc and also to smooth out the ase weather effects in fsx through registered version of fsuipc. This point was indeed somehting that bothered me a little when flying 737NGX with ASE on the same pc with free fsuipc but still never had andy hang.I did a complete new install with fsx on ssd and used the install guide as supplied with NGX.see my signature for system specs