Sign in to follow this  
wb5okj

How is the Best way to install ver 10:

I am wondering what is the best way to install ver 10.1. Just leave the X-Plane Demo in and go on with it using disk one?2. Reinstall from scratch using the DVD installer downloaded of the web?3. Does it make any difference which way one goes?Currently I am just going ahead and using the demo version I have been using.Donald E. Donovan.

Install from DVDs and download the updater application from X-plane.com to update. If you have enough Hard Drive space, keep a 2nd copy of the latest updated install to update the next time around. Between now and v10.2, there are going to be quite a few updates and some updates are better than others !

Don't install from DVD, do as stated below, or as you stated in point #2 above.To install X-Plane 10, go here:http://www.X-Plane.com/update.htmlDownload and run one of those DVD installers to install X-Plane 10. This is now required for Mac, Windows, and Linux!Then, grab an UPDATER from that page as well. After you INSTALL X-Plane, run the UPDATER to UPDATE it to the latest version.Glen

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

That's what I am going to do. I have the installer already downloaded.

I left the demo in one drive and installed the full version in a second drive. That way I can test out the updates in the demo first.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

I left the demo in one drive and installed the full version in a second drive. That way I can test out the updates in the demo first.
That's actually a great idea.

+1 for that - plus with the demo, if you leave the disk in the drive, you can go beyond the time limit...