Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Weekend Update: 09DEC11 - SP1b Release Coming

Captains-I am in the process of uploading a ton of stuff for you this Friday evening. (Provided that a ton is defined as "approximately 1GB give or take a few megabytes LOL.gif )For those that do not know, I live in a place that has third world internet connectivity so my upload speeds are only enviable if you are still on dial-up. Since we are releasing SP1b, this also means replacing the installers on the distribution server, so the total upload size is quite large and can take many hours!I am trying to get all of this uploaded before the temperature drops tonight, as our cold nights tends to cause my DSL connection to drop and reconnect randomly. (Thank you AT&T... and here all this time I thought cold was better for electrical connections due to the reduced heat loss...)I will update this thread a bit later tonight when the uploads are completed and the files are available for you to download.In the mean time, here is an inconclusive list of things that have been addressed in SP1b. I say "inconclusive" because there are about 30-40 other items that were updated by not "tracked reports" per se because they came from our own use and constant trouble shooting process.I want to direct everyone's attention to the first item listed here, as this is extremely important. Most all the applications that have been created to export .RTE files for use with the PMDG line of products produce RTE files that include your runway/SID and STAR selections. After hundreds and hundreds of hours of research, we have discovered that saving files in this manner is not only highly unrealistic, but creates problems for the FMS when it comes to correctly parsing/computing/interpolating performance along the flight path. For this reason, beginning with SP1b, the FMS will disregard any runway or SID/STAR information contained in a RTE file *unless that RTE file was created by the FMS itself.*This should eliminate a significant number of FMS and LNAV/VNAV performance issues that we have been investigating since August.For those who like the convenience of saving your entire RTE file and never having to load the runway/SID/STAR within the FMS- we apologize... but we have given you a very sophisticated FMS simulation that behaves much like the real-world counterpart. We promise that if you learn to use it as a tool, it will add tremendous enjoyment to your experience!Okay- here is the list of changes- I'll be back with more news once all the updates have finished uploading:PMDG 737 NGX SP1B RELEASE NOTESMAJOR CHANGES & ADDITIONS:

• Protections added for .rte files created by third party applications: Many third-party flight planning applications that export .rte files for use with the PMDG 737NGX use a bogus and illogical save process that puts the runway and SID/STAR information into the saved route as part of the route file construct. This is not done in real world operations, and since the PMDG 737NGX uses a real world FMS route process, it creates problems that some uers have erroneously reported as being FMS errors or failures. To protect users from this illogical process, when .rte files are loaded into the FMS beginning with SP1b (build 3118) the PMDG 737NGX FMS will disregard any runway/SID/STAR information contained within the .rte file UNLESS that .rte file was created by the PMDG 737NGX FMS. This will require users to manually select the runway/SID/STAR information from within the FMS as is done by 737 pilots. The inclusion of terminal procedures in a COROUTE is quite unrealistic and PMDG recommends that the authors of these programs ammend their .rte export processes to include only the route of flight without runway/SID/STAR information in order to make the compliant with real-world operations.

• Fixed spoiler, aileron, and yoke full deflection angles which had previously been too small. (caused by misunderstanding of an engineering document)

• Fixed an issue with certain hardware that could cause the panel to operate as if the gear were down when they were visibly up. We believe this may have been the source of the strange negative pitch attitude while climbing and inability to accelerate issues that a handful of users have reported.

• Fuel system automatic switching logic after loading/unloading fuel from the FMC now conforms to FAA AD 2002-24-51.

• Livery Manager updated to 1.09 - now detects orphaned texture folders on startup and offers to remove them. Because of this it is no longer explicitly required to remove your installed liveries prior to installing the service pack.

• Performance manager now works correctly with the 900 and 600/700 models. VC corruption when the settings are on low should no longer be present.

CTD/CRASH FIXES:

• Fixed several more rare CTD scenarios including several involving changing runways or SID/STARs and certain vertical path errors.

• Added more error handing/checking for illogical/erronous navdata issues.

AUTOPILOT FLIGHT DIRECTOR:

• Reduced sensitivity for LVL CHG and VNAV SPD pitch-for-speed changes while in climb or descent. Matched to performance of aircraft.

• Fixed MCP LNAV light sometimes not reappearing after takeoff.

• Fixed situations that would prevent G/S mode from arming when APP is pressed:

• When a tuned ILS existed in the FSX world but not in the navdata.
  • After an IAN approach and go-around was previously performed.

• Fixed aircraft going crazy on the ground if TO/GA was engaged without both IRS selectors in NAV.

• Fixed thrust mode going to CRZ after changing mode to LVL CHG during a go-around.

• A/T switch armed during preflight is no longer disarmed automatically when starting engines.

FLIGHT MANAGEMENT COMPUTER:

• Fixed multiple rare VNAV path calculation issues.

• Fixed multiple problems with step climb behavior.

• Added scratchpad error messaging for SIDSTAR syntax errors.

• DEP/ARR page behavior when selecting a SID that is not valid for the currently selected runway changed to conform to the real aircraft. It will now automatically deselect and remove the previously selected SID and prompt for a new selection after selecting an invalid runway.

• Extremely long LNAV segments now draw and calculate correctly. (known internally as "The EV math circus" ;) )

• Fixed captain's CDU screen not visible when using the included panel states.

• Fixed cold and dark panel state so captain's CDU phantom power from holding down MENU is no longer active.

• Fixed Door 1L not opening with cold and dark panel state.

PRIMARY FLIGHT DISPLAY / NAVIGATION DISPLAY:

• Plan mode now available and visible without the IRSes aligned.

• Fixed solid green color sometimes appearing overwater on the ND with EGPWS TERR mode active

• Added magenta heading bug offscale "parking" to the PFD's FPV integral heading display option.

MECHANICAL/OVERHEAD/OTHER SYSTEMS:

• Fixed fuel scavenge scavenge system pumping at 10 times faster that the correct rate.

• AUX battery indications no longer present on electrical meter when single battery is selected.

• Fixed analog standby G/S indicator during backcourse approaches.

• Fixed several issues with the IRS alignment process in ATT mode.

• Fixed several issues involving incorrect pressurization differentials.

• Fixed several cabin climb rate indicator issues.

• Added correct flap limit speed placard near the gear handle for each airframe type.

• V1 cut failure changed to happen within 10 knots of V1.

VC, 2D PANEL & VISUAL MODEL:

• Fixed missing piece of the inboard leading edge Krueger flaps.

• Tweaked wingview camera presets for the 800/900

• Fixed taxi light not visible in 2D panel.

• Wingtip strobe "orb" size made consistent across all the variants.

• Fixed several gaps and light leaks in the VC.

• Fixed missing GND and ATTEND labels in the central overhead on the 2D panel.

• Fixed annunciator bitmap overlaps on the overhead.

• Fixed missing numbers on the 600/700 air conditioning temperature gauge.

SOUND:

• Touchdown rattle sound no longer plays at aircraft initialization.

• FO V1 callout changed to play at 5 knots prior to V1 per real life airline SOPs.

• The individual FO callouts are now fully configurable on an individual basis. This allows for configurations where for instance the FO calls V1 *and* the EGPWS also calls it 5 knots later, which as is done at several airlines.

INSTALLER:

• Corrected an issue that would cause a dialog asking for the installer file to appear on the SP1-integrated full installer during the navdata portion of the install.

Any items not listed here are still in the queue for SP2, which does not have an ETA assigned to it yet, but will release to coincide with the ER package.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

All good to hear. I'm sure many will be happy.Pity about your internet...Jeez i'm way up in the boonies In YDQ and I don't worry bout cold temps...hahaha

NICE

David Malinowski

Former avid simmer, current college/uni student

Intel i7-920 2.66GHz

NVIDIA GTX260 SLI

ASUS Rampage II Extreme

12 GB Corsair/OCZ DDR3 2200 RAM

Windows 7 64-Bit SP1

FSX SP2 (w/o Acceleration)

This is what value is all about, thanks.

Steve Dwyer
Z370 GAMING M5 (MS-7B58)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB
Installed Physical Memory  32.0 GB

Can we assume this is an inclusive SP to the base package, or in the event of a re-install, do we run SP1 AND SP1b? If the former, may I suggest removing the SP1 notice in the NGX forum and the SP1 box on the PMDG site? Just trying to head off multiple questions like this one.

Herman Ross

Seattle, USA

Please tell me Custom Waypoints were corrected/added Robert!? Praying.gif

Rafael Henrique Carelli

this is why PMDG is #! is fsx, you listen to our complaints and then take care of the problem.thanks you, Ronny

Wow that is quite a list of fixes. im Not Worthy.gif I bet those guys complaining about the Door not opening will be very happy! LOL.gif

Can we assume this is an inclusive SP to the base package, or in the event of a re-install, do we run SP1 AND SP1b? If the former, may I suggest removing the SP1 notice in the NGX forum and the SP1 box on the PMDG site? Just trying to head off multiple questions like this one.
SP1b supersedes SP1 and contains everything that was in SP1. We never do incremental patching here. I'll update the SP1 thread to indicate that SP1b now exists and includes all the items from SP1 - I still think it's worth having the SP1 thread around because the changelog was so huge on it.
Please tell me Custom Waypoints were corrected/added Robert!? Praying.gif
They are not - this is not a trivial thing to do unfortunately as it effectively involves making a dynamic virtual "navdata" in addition to the normal one. We'll see for SP2.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com