Sign in to follow this  
Sonny_Jim

"Please insert scenery disc"?

I've just sat down from a break from FU3 to play it again and I'm getting this irritating message. I have added an extra drive to my computer so I am assuming it's due to that. I've tried editing REGIONS/SEATTLE/region.cfg but this doesn't seem to make any difference.What do I need to do to fix my FU3 installation?

The message means that the sim "thinks" that you haven't installed anything but the basic scenery and have chosen the disk option. You should have a line like this, reg_cd_path e:flight simulatorsFU3CDROMsanfranmaps in each region.cfg.Alternatively, if you've got all maps in the region's main folder the sim should find them anyway. But, the extra disk may have skewed the disk letter designation and resulted in invalid addresses. Please check whether the original drive designation has been taken by the new disk. If so, change the new disk to something else and give the original letter designation back to the FU3 drive.

Sonny_Jim, do you have a bin converted version of FU III with an extended hi-res region? If so, the CD rom path may not matter. Please tell us how you're doing.

Bad news I'm afraid. My 2TB drive with my FU3 install has gone titsup, taking with it my entire music collection, including some songs I had written myself. I *think* I've got copies of it elsewhere but I hope I haven't lost it all!I am in the process of reinstalling but I'm getting stuck on a few bits, I'll start a new thread for those.

Hi, I'm a newbie who used to enjoy FU3 and I recently found my old Win 98 discs. I've been trying to install it in Win XP and after several attempts and plenty of help from reading through all the posts on here, I have almost got there. It didn't accept either disc 2 or 3 during a full install but ran after manually copying some scenery files. The planes fly well but the scenery is very poor and there's a 'Please load scenery disc #2' banner across the screen on Seattle and the programme crashes if I try to run SanFran scenery. A shame really as I loved flying from Half Moon bay up the coast to S F and under the Golden Gate.

I've ordered a 'Sold Out' copy of the Vista version, hoping that may be better and it will also replace my lost manual.