Sign in to follow this  
ricky76

Nose wheel scrubber sound.

Hey all!I have noticed that after SP1 my nose wheel scrubber sound has dissapeared. I have done a search on this topic to no avail. A few days ago someone posted 4-5 links to fixes for various sound fixes. I have not been able to find them.I am running NGX+SP1+6/700. I have tried the "Q" fix with no results. Anyone else experiencing this?Cheers.

Fantastic Jason! Thank you.My issue with the scrubber sound is just after take off. I still get the wind noise and gear lever sounds, but no scrubbers. Someone had posted about this the other day, but that post has since dissapeared.

I noticed there was nothing addressing this issue in the SP1b fix list. Must be just a few of us having this issue.

Gents-Is it possible that you guys are confusing the nose-wheel scrubber and the imbalanced nose wheel?I just ran a quick test in the 700WL and the scrubber is present.The nose wheel imbalance is a much more abusive sound, and it can be heard as you raise the nose off the ground if you have a nosewheel imbalance (caused by tire age and/or abuse of the nose gear tires by touching down on them or otherwise subjecting them to excessive side-load.)At any rate- I've tested the scrubber and hear it just fine.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I am referring to the scrubber sound when the nose wheel is retracted. I no longer have that sound.I may just try a re-install and see if that works.

I had this sound, beside a few other gear related missing too. When i changed back from FSUIPC Gear up/down commands to Gear toggle (G key) the sounds were working again.

Guys, this is a bug that slipped past us - we just determined why. If you use the normal G key command in FSX or a joystick button bound through the FSX menu to the gear command everything works fine. If you use custom hardware commands (ie Saitek panel, FSUIPC gear up/down etc) the sounds don't work.For now just use the G key or default button command. We'll fix it at some point.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guys, this is a bug that slipped past us - we just determined why. If you use the normal G key command in FSX or a joystick button bound through the FSX menu to the gear command everything works fine. If you use custom hardware commands (ie Saitek panel, FSUIPC gear up/down etc) the sounds don't work.For now just use the G key or default button command. We'll fix it at some point.
I actually just noticed this Thurs night. I got a gear up warning when I was testing out FSUIPC Up/Down commands (among others) in some pattern work.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Ryan. I will try G and mousing the gear lever.