Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Weekend Update 09DEC11: NGX SP1b Updates Available

Captains-A bit further below in this update, you will find download links that will allow you to download the most current SP1b update for the PMDG 737NGX series of products.*Quick Update Note: We haven't updated the website yet... that will happen on Saturday. You will find the download links at the bottom of this post, but please read all of the information here before running off!NOTES:======1) There are two update installers. One for the PMDG 737NGX 800/900 and a second one for the PMDG 737NGX 600/700. If you have only the 800/900 installed, then you only need the former. If you also have the 600/700 installed, then you also need the later!2) Simply download and run these update installers. These are cumulative update installers, so they will update any previous version of the NGX to the most current build 3118. You no longer need the SP1 installers. (You can verify the update version by watching the installation (it will tell you) and after installation by looking at your various aircraft.cfg files you will note that they read 1.00.3118 at the top....3) YOU DO NOT NEED TO REINSTALL FROM SCRATCH. Just run the update over the top of whatever version you have installed. If, in the future, you happen to be reinstalling, you simply need to run your original installer and then run the SP1b update afterward. That will bring you up to the most current standard.4) You will need to reinstall liveries after this update. We have improved the livery installer, however so it is not necessary to worry about uninstalling the liveries first. When you run the updated livery installer, it will prompt you for permission to delete outdated livery texture directories. (say yes!) Then just reinstall the liveries as before and you will be back to normal ops!Following is an non-inclusive list of things that have been addressed in SP1b. I say "non-inclusive" because there are about 30-40 other items that were updated by not "tracked reports" per-se because they came from our own use and constant trouble shooting process.I want to direct everyone's attention to the first item listed here, as this is extremely important. Most all the applications that have been created to export .RTE files for use with the PMDG line of products produce RTE files that include your runway/SID and STAR selections. After hundreds and hundreds of hours of research, we have discovered that saving files in this manner is not only highly unrealistic, but creates problems for the FMS when it comes to correctly parsing/computing/interpolating performance along the flight path. For this reason, beginning with SP1b, the FMS will disregard any runway or SID/STAR information contained in a RTE file *unless that RTE file was created by the FMS itself.*This should eliminate a significant number of FMS and LNAV/VNAV performance issues that we have been investigating since August.For those who like the convenience of saving your entire RTE file and never having to load the runway/SID/STAR within the FMS- we apologize... but we have given you a very sophisticated FMS simulation that behaves much like the real-world counterpart. We promise that if you learn to use it as a tool, it will add tremendous enjoyment to your experience!Okay- here is the list of changes:PMDG 737 NGX SP1B RELEASE NOTESMAJOR CHANGES & ADDITIONS:

• Protections added for .rte files created by third party applications: Many third-party flight planning applications that export .rte files for use with the PMDG 737NGX use a bogus and illogical save process that puts the runway and SID/STAR information into the saved route as part of the route file construct. This is not done in real world operations, and since the PMDG 737NGX uses a real world FMS route process, it creates problems that some uers have erroneously reported as being FMS errors or failures. To protect users from this illogical process, when .rte files are loaded into the FMS beginning with SP1b (build 3118) the PMDG 737NGX FMS will disregard any runway/SID/STAR information contained within the .rte file UNLESS that .rte file was created by the PMDG 737NGX FMS. This will require users to manually select the runway/SID/STAR information from within the FMS as is done by 737 pilots. The inclusion of terminal procedures in a COROUTE is quite unrealistic and PMDG recommends that the authors of these programs ammend their .rte export processes to include only the route of flight without runway/SID/STAR information in order to make the compliant with real-world operations.

• Fixed spoiler, aileron, and yoke full deflection angles which had previously been too small. (caused by misunderstanding of an engineering document)

• Fixed an issue with certain hardware that could cause the panel to operate as if the gear were down when they were visibly up. We believe this may have been the source of the strange negative pitch attitude while climbing and inability to accelerate issues that a handful of users have reported.

• Fuel system automatic switching logic after loading/unloading fuel from the FMC now conforms to FAA AD 2002-24-51.

• Livery Manager updated to 1.09 - now detects orphaned texture folders on startup and offers to remove them. Because of this it is no longer explicitly required to remove your installed liveries prior to installing the service pack.

• Performance manager now works correctly with the 900 and 600/700 models. VC corruption when the settings are on low should no longer be present.

CTD/CRASH FIXES:

• Fixed several more rare CTD scenarios including several involving changing runways or SID/STARs and certain vertical path errors.

• Added more error handing/checking for illogical/erronous navdata issues.

AUTOPILOT FLIGHT DIRECTOR:

• Reduced sensitivity for LVL CHG and VNAV SPD pitch-for-speed changes while in climb or descent. Matched to performance of aircraft.

• Fixed MCP LNAV light sometimes not reappearing after takeoff.

• Fixed situations that would prevent G/S mode from arming when APP is pressed:

• When a tuned ILS existed in the FSX world but not in the navdata.
  • After an IAN approach and go-around was previously performed.

• Fixed aircraft going crazy on the ground if TO/GA was engaged without both IRS selectors in NAV.

• Fixed thrust mode going to CRZ after changing mode to LVL CHG during a go-around.

• A/T switch armed during preflight is no longer disarmed automatically when starting engines.

FLIGHT MANAGEMENT COMPUTER:

• Fixed multiple rare VNAV path calculation issues.

• Fixed multiple problems with step climb behavior.

• Added scratchpad error messaging for SIDSTAR syntax errors.

• DEP/ARR page behavior when selecting a SID that is not valid for the currently selected runway changed to conform to the real aircraft. It will now automatically deselect and remove the previously selected SID and prompt for a new selection after selecting an invalid runway.

• Extremely long LNAV segments now draw and calculate correctly. (known internally as "The EV math circus" ;) )

• Fixed captain's CDU screen not visible when using the included panel states.

• Fixed cold and dark panel state so captain's CDU phantom power from holding down MENU is no longer active.

• Fixed Door 1L not opening with cold and dark panel state.

PRIMARY FLIGHT DISPLAY / NAVIGATION DISPLAY:

• Plan mode now available and visible without the IRSes aligned.

• Fixed solid green color sometimes appearing overwater on the ND with EGPWS TERR mode active

• Added magenta heading bug offscale "parking" to the PFD's FPV integral heading display option.

MECHANICAL/OVERHEAD/OTHER SYSTEMS:

• Fixed fuel scavenge scavenge system pumping at 10 times faster that the correct rate.

• AUX battery indications no longer present on electrical meter when single battery is selected.

• Fixed analog standby G/S indicator during backcourse approaches.

• Fixed several issues with the IRS alignment process in ATT mode.

• Fixed several issues involving incorrect pressurization differentials.

• Fixed several cabin climb rate indicator issues.

• Added correct flap limit speed placard near the gear handle for each airframe type.

• V1 cut failure changed to happen within 10 knots of V1.

VC, 2D PANEL & VISUAL MODEL:

• Fixed missing piece of the inboard leading edge Krueger flaps.

• Tweaked wingview camera presets for the 800/900

• Fixed taxi light not visible in 2D panel.

• Wingtip strobe "orb" size made consistent across all the variants.

• Fixed several gaps and light leaks in the VC.

• Fixed missing GND and ATTEND labels in the central overhead on the 2D panel.

• Fixed annunciator bitmap overlaps on the overhead.

• Fixed missing numbers on the 600/700 air conditioning temperature gauge.

SOUND:

• Touchdown rattle sound no longer plays at aircraft initialization.

• FO V1 callout changed to play at 5 knots prior to V1 per real life airline SOPs.

• The individual FO callouts are now fully configurable on an individual basis. This allows for configurations where for instance the FO calls V1 *and* the EGPWS also calls it 5 knots later, which as is done at several airlines.

INSTALLER:

• Corrected an issue that would cause a dialog asking for the installer file to appear on the SP1-integrated full installer during the navdata portion of the install.

Any items not listed here are still in the queue for SP2, which does not have an ETA assigned to it yet, but will release to coincide with the ER package.The SDK package is still in holding as previously discussed. Once we have the all-clear on it, we'll let you know where to get it.Download the PMDG 737NGX 800/900 Base Package Update hereDownload the PMDG 737NGX 600/700 Expansion Package Update hereI am going to update this post a bit later to consolidate the SP1 updates and the SP1b updates text so we have all of the update information in a single thread. Remember- you no longer need the SP1 update installers- the SP1b installers contain all cumulative updates in one nice, easy to use package!Okay- enjoy your weekend- and don't forget to find some new airport or approach to challenge your NGX piloting skills! IMPORTANT NOTE:================I'm putting this little item separately just to make sure you see it:1) Any panel states or saved flights that you created with SP1 will work fine with SP1b. Panel states or saved flights that you created PRIOR to SP1 should not be used with SP1 or SP1b. (If you have any doubts- just create the panel state / saved flight anew!)2) Any aircraft ini files that were created with SP1 will work fine with SP1b. ini files created prior to SP1 should not be used with SP1b... (if you have any doubts, just delete the aircraft ini file and let the sim regenerate it for you!)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

after installation I got version 3116 not 3118 on B737NGX 800/900, is it OK?thanks for your hard work.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | Samsung G9 49" Curved Monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

Ali-Ah- the 700WL config file didn't get it's version number updated to 3118, my error.The file number shows 3116, which is identical to the 3118 file- so there is no need to worry.(the files are the same- it is just a typographical error on the number... I'll fix...)

Thanks Robert. While there's no fix listed there that I urgently need, it's nice to know next reinstall I can update to SP1b.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Ali-Ah- the 700WL config file didn't it's version number updated to 3118, my error.The file number shows 3116, which is identical to the 3118 file- so there is no need to worry.(the files are the same- it is just a typographical error on the number... I'll fix...)
thanks a lot.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | Samsung G9 49" Curved Monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

Guest JS41

Removed.

Edited by JS41

Thanks for the updates... lol with SP1 i got 40 fps, now with the new update i got only max 25 fps...I heard during take off twice V1.. and now my wind indicator doesn't work.
Andon-Take a few moments to read through the changes listed in my original post. That will explain to you the V1 callouts...

This is why I love PMDG. You guys stand behind a product, help us personally, listen to feedback, and continuously improve your products. You don't just release something and say, " its done, deal with the problems". Thanks PMDG. You rock. Now finish the ER so I can give you more money!! Haha ;)

Guest JS41
Andon-Take a few moments to read through the changes listed in my original post.  That will explain to you the V1 callouts...
Sir, I did it.What about the fps - dropped down with 15 fps?My wind indicator doesn't work now (sorry if wind indicator is wrong aviation word).Edit: after complete uninstall and fresh install the plane work perfect and smoother.Thanks! Edited by JS41

This is why I love PMDG. You guys stand behind a product, help us personally, listen to feedback, and continuously improve your products. You don't just release something and say, " its done, deal with the problems". Thanks PMDG. You rock. Now finish the ER so I can give you more money!! Haha ;)
Tyler-It's Done! Deal with the problems!I've always wanted to say that. LOL.gifLiberating! But not very practical.

Ali-Ah- the 700WL config file didn't get it's version number updated to 3118, my error.The file number shows 3116, which is identical to the 3118 file- so there is no need to worry.(the files are the same- it is just a typographical error on the number... I'll fix...)
Robert,All four 800/900 aircraft.cfgs show .3116 for me... The installer also shows .3116, both before and after installation.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models