Sign in to follow this  
oldlink

2D point of view gets wrong after SP1

Hi guys,I installed SP1, and now, in my 2D front view, the point of view looks completely down at the Runway.I can correct that with the Shift-Q command, but as soon as I look left or right, the point of view is reset to the original value and looks down again.Anybody noticing this problem ? Do you know how to fix it ?Thanks.

Full name are need too post in this forum,Also SP1b is out making SP1 obsolete.

This is mentioned a few times in prevoius threads if you do a search iam sure you find the answers cant remember how back the post is by now if you type 2d view cockpit in the search box it will come up

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

First check :In fsx.cfg[Display]WideViewAspect=TrueSP1 reset it to False in mine which caused same problemAndrew Vincent

I am really sorry, but I can't find thie thread that corrects this. Can someone please guide me through this. I don't see the readme files and I can't find the .cfg files. I need a really step by step to fix the downward looking 2D problem after installing the new update just now.

Paul Gugliotta

I am really sorry, but I can't find thie thread that corrects this. Can someone please guide me through this. I don't see the readme files and I can't find the .cfg files. I need a really step by step to fix the downward looking 2D problem after installing the new update just now.
Go to where your fsx is located select fsx- than select simobjects- than select airplanes- than go down and select the pmdg 800 ngx- select the panel than the read me file is in here

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Ok thanks for that help. I found it and changes wideaspectview to true and now I am good again.Thanks again for the simple answer that almost caused me a heart attack.

Paul Gugliotta

Though this solution works, there is some distortion when choosing wideviewaspect=true. It corrects the downward position on the 737, but things seem too far away now. The runway is smaller and approaches too fast (like VC set at 40% zoom).Someone had a better solution to monkey with the view angle. This seemed to fix the 2D view without distorting the scenery. My monitor is 20" wide x 13" high. It that wide?

Paul Gugliotta

Though this solution works, there is some distortion when choosing wideviewaspect=true. It corrects the downward position on the 737, but things seem too far away now. The runway is smaller and approaches too fast (like VC set at 40% zoom).Someone had a better solution to monkey with the view angle. This seemed to fix the 2D view without distorting the scenery. My monitor is 20" wide x 13" high. It that wide?
i agree. although there is a widescreen setting in fsx.cfg FSX does not do a great job with the forward view. what i find works for me much better is to set the forward view to 13 and zoom to 1.0 in the panel.cfg. then it is important to enlarge the view window to full screen size after the airplane is loaded.

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

OK I found the solution that works. I don't mess with the fsx.cfg file as this messes up my LD767.So I keepWideviewaspect=falseTo solve the downward view in the 737NGX, I changed the views in the 737-800 panel.cfg filefrom View_forward_dir=10.000, 0.000, 0.000to View_forward_dir=0.3, 0.0, 0.0This eliminates the distortion problem, and fixes the downward view in the 737NGX

Paul Gugliotta