Sign in to follow this  
patrice_bambou

A crash with sp1b

Hi all,I just made the upgrade from SP1 to SP1b.I did not uninstall the liveries before SP1b.I just executed the installers and then reinstall the liveries, as the new livery manager proposed to delete and reinstall all liveriesOn a small test, I got one crash with the 700WL with Virgin livery, the details are as follows:Nom de l’application défaillante fsx.exe, version : 10.0.61637.0, horodatage : 0x46fadb14Nom du module défaillant : PMDG_737NGX_2.dll_unloaded, version : 0.0.0.0, horodatage : 0x4c1b5e4fCode d’exception : 0xc0000005Décalage d’erreur : 0x5bdeea9dID du processus défaillant : 0x18fcHeure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01ccb7258abfee0eChemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : L:\fsx\fsx.exeChemin d’accès du module défaillant: PMDG_737NGX_2.dllID de rapport : 679fdc63-231a-11e1-828e-f46d04e36ad9for those who read english onlyName of the faulty application fsx.exe, version : 10.0.61637.0, timestamp : 0x46fadb14Faulty module : PMDG_737NGX_2.dll_unloaded, version : 0.0.0.0, timestamp : 0x4c1b5e4fException code : 0xc0000005error shifting : 0x5bdeea9dID of faulty process : 0x18fcstarting hour of the faulty application : 0x01ccb7258abfee0ePath to faulty application : L:\fsx\fsx.exePath to faulty module: PMDG_737NGX_2.dllReport Id : 679fdc63-231a-11e1-828e-f46d04e36ad9The flight was a simple one I start always from Rennes airport (LFRN), no flight plan, just autopilot flying.I never saw this before. The crash made fsx to close, no W7 error. The crash occurred after almost 15 minutes of flight.I restarted the same filght again, and then no problem.I run fsx on W7 x64 16 GB RAM core i5-2500K at 4.6 Ghz,Patrice.

Patrice Dubois

Had you done something like using the NGX as your default flight or loading it overtop of another livery or variant you'd already been flying? Those are the only instances we've seen the "unloaded" crash in. Don't do those things, FSX doesn't handle them well internally.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi,Thanks for your ideas, butTabs, what I do is loading fsx, PMDG 700 NGX WL house is my default flight, so I change to another livery (from the fsx welcome screen), and fliy. So, this si very typical situation.Linux731, yes, I kept the liveries as is when installing the sp1b. I resinstalled them afterwards as indicated by Robert.

Patrice Dubois

Hi,Thanks for your ideas, butTabs, what I do is loading fsx, PMDG 700 NGX WL house is my default flight, so I change to another livery (from the fsx welcome screen), and fliy. So, this si very typical situation.Linux731, yes, I kept the liveries as is when installing the sp1b. I resinstalled them afterwards as indicated by Robert.
Hi its recomended that u have the trike as your default fsx plane when it loads up

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Or you can have 800 as default but fly 700, but never load different livery of the same type you already loaded. I believe this makes some problems.

The best choise: Always have MSFS TRIKE as the default ac. When loading up FS, chooseyour PMDG ac from list in the "Free Flight screen".The above is the reccomended one, as per Introduction manual and I never had a problem with that./ Leffe

The best choise: Always have MSFS TRIKE as the default ac. When loading up FS, chooseyour PMDG ac from list in the "Free Flight screen".The above is the reccomended one, as per Introduction manual and I never had a problem with that./ Leffe
Doesn't the Introduction manual say the contrary?>>There is a common misconception that when loading a complexsimulation like the PMDG 737NGX that you should first load thedefault Cessna into the simulator, then load the PMDG 737NGX.This is not a factual conception and in fact we do not recommendthe practice at all.<<The only thing it says is that you shouldn't switch from one livery to another without changing the model variant as well, just as Ján and Ryan pointed out above.

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png

i also had a crash with the 800wl on my way down to ESSA for the ivao event . fed up with this. AAAAAAAARRRGGGGGGGGGG!!!!! i'm going crazy. 1st ctd in several month. i have the feeling that it is so stressful to have this fsx as a hobby theses days

Doesn't the Introduction manual say the contrary?>>There is a common misconception that when loading a complexsimulation like the PMDG 737NGX that you should first load thedefault Cessna into the simulator, then load the PMDG 737NGX.This is not a factual conception and in fact we do not recommendthe practice at all.<<The only thing it says is that you shouldn't switch from one livery to another without changing the model variant as well, just as Ján and Ryan pointed out above.
That's not what they're talking about. Leffe and Peter mean the default plane that appears in the Choose Aircraft tab when you start up FSX. By default, it should be an Ultralight Trike set at Friday Harbor with Fair Weather. Maybe Patrice changed his .cfg in order to have the PMDG as the default aircraft.?

Name of the faulty application fsx.exe, version : 10.0.61637.0, timestamp : 0x46fadb14Faulty module : PMDG_737NGX_2.dll_unloaded, version : 0.0.0.0, timestamp : 0x4c1b5e4fException code : 0xc0000005error shifting : 0x5bdeea9dID of faulty process : 0x18fcstarting hour of the faulty application : 0x01ccb7258abfee0ePath to faulty application : L:fsxfsx.exePath to faulty module: PMDG_737NGX_2.dllReport Id : 679fdc63-231a-11e1-828e-f46d04e36ad9
could you please explain how to get those details? would be useful for me

Hi linux731, Yes I changed the default flight as one with 737 ngx house livery, departure from Rennes, clear weather (I selected this one as default flight in the free flight screen)Hi nikita,to get this you go to control panel >> system and security >> maintenance center >> display reliability history >> choose a crash related to fsx (find them thirst, according to date time) on the diagram, choose in the displayed list and click on "display details" >> you get these information.I have also to say that this is the first crash from this plane since I got it. For the moment, never seen it again (but I have done few flights since though).

Patrice Dubois

That's not what they're talking about. Leffe and Peter mean the default plane that appears in the Choose Aircraft tab when you start up FSX. By default, it should be an Ultralight Trike set at Friday Harbor with Fair Weather. Maybe Patrice changed his .cfg in order to have the PMDG as the default aircraft.?
It's a shame they didn't make the wording clearer in the manual, it implies you can use the NGX as the default plane if you wish. BTW, the default flight doesn't have to be at Friday Harbor. If you use that as your default flight and your PC is in a different time zone your FSX local time/GMT relationship will be screwed. I've got my default flight located at a local airport. My understanding is that the default flight can use any FSX default piston engined aircraft, it's about making sure the mixture control is in the right place. I use the Cessna because I might just fly that occasionally. It's certainly never given me any problems with complex addons.Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

Maybe the manual should have been clearer, but yes, if you use the NGX as your default flight this stuff will happen - the reason is that the default flight actually gets loaded in the background as the simulator loads - this means that particular NGX is actually already running and then when you select another livery, it's loading on top of itself, causing the problems. There's no way around this unfortunately. We definitely recommend keeping the default flight as the ultralight - you can reset this by opening the FSX.cfg file, doing a search for "situation" and then deleting that line that's found, which sets the other flight as default.It's not just about the engine controls (actually in our case it has nothing to do with that, we restart the engines during the 20 second countdown) but more a series of internal sim variables that aren't accessible to be manually set by us during the initialization - that's what causes this crash, animation problems etc.The comment in the manual was more in reference to certain companies that tell you that any addon aircraft must have the Cessna 172 loaded and shut down first or that you must use their specific clean default flight file for any addon.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com