Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

the aileron setting

My only serious concern is the aileronI always turn left unwillingly no matter the amount of trim I counter to it.Yes I configured my Saitek properly, but this should not even be required of me, thats me, not LamRes, MEEven applying full right aileron does NOTHING ???I disarm the autopilot and it still turns left. WHYThis has been a problem for YEARS and no one has seen fit to fix it but they want my money?Fix itIf this had been resolved in XP10 I would run to the bank to buy ital

We'd need to know wich plane you use and maybe a screenshot of your yoke&rudder settings in order to help you.You can exclude torque and/or wind effects, can you?

before Ap disconnect: post-111328-0-76087600-1323540254_thumb.jpgafter AP disconnect:post-111328-0-41937000-1323540405_thumb.jpgand then it will get to this unchangeable state:post-111328-0-48490900-1323540594_thumb.jpgBaronHow do you exclude torque and wind effects?

Maybe you blew the flaps. If one flap is damaged, wings level is very difficult to maintain. (haven't tried in xp10) retracting the flaps should alleviate the nasty roll (if it's a damaged flap). The failures tab should show you the offending part in red.

well thanks but as you can see I think the flaps are retractedor are theylet be reload XP10 and seeand yes, they were retracted alredyThis has been going on for years in XP

well I'll be a monkey's pilot:After openning Saitek's Control Panel, I made sure ALL sliders, knobs, etc... were zerored, or centered as the diagrams showed.Then a little right rudder was sufficient to dampen all left turn tendencies.For now it seems fine.I was relying on XP's fast centuring feature, which in the case of Saitek did nothing for the multitude of sliders that one must have been corrupting the trimsHey. I AINT STUPIP I'M JUST A MONKEY

So now I am considering getting XP10 because I also can import and convert most FSX freeware airport add-ons usingFSX2XPlane.exeThis one here is LFSN , city of Nancy in Northeastern France

Hi peppy,sorry for not following up. It's just not so much fun on Avsim these days at it was when I used Fly! and was here nealry every hour of the day.I am glad you got this one solved.In regards to converting the scenery: Yes, a lot of stuff converts fine with FS2XPlane, but not all. Especially be careful with the "X"-releases by Aerosoft. I wasn't able to convert one of them. Here is a long thread that you can search, where people posted their experiences with their converting efforts:http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=44099have fun,woweezowee

I use saitek x52 pro joystick/ throttle and saitek pro rudder pedals. I noticed in x-plane 9 and now 10 that no matter what plane I am flying the plane eventually wants to bank right and I have to use the keyboard aileron trim (8,9,0) to level the wings for extended flight. I assume this is a physics effect. Real aircraft I have flown (Cessna 150, piper warriors, citabria decathlon's) never had pronounced issues like this. These planes only had a trim tab control for the elevator anyway, not ailerons. I can only assume that if real world pilots and instructors noticed a stability issue with roll that a permanent fix would be applied to overcome whatever force is causing the roll when the stck is neutral. I haven't tried to save a situation but assume I can set a particilar plane up to overcome the roll issue and can park the plane on the ramp then load that situation to start and fly and not have to worry over aileron trim again.

I honestly think that someone who decides on these things inside of XP really does not care. Or they do not know how to do anything?I was going to buy XPlane this day but yet again regardless of previous gains,had such a hard time yesterday with this trim thing I said tomyself" WHY SHOULD I LET IT BOTHER ME ANY LONGER ??!!"Regarding ramp parking I think the airplane is reloaded newly refreshed and ready without prior conditions affecting it... unless you save it as a situation like you said, MAYBE you never know with XP