Sign in to follow this  
turbojet

FSX crash with Radar Contact 4

Hello, I'm having a problem with FSX freezing while using Radar Contact 4 which I just purchased. Just a quick background of my problem. I had a freezing issue every 25-30 hours with just FSX (no add-ons). Then, I purchased IFLY737NG, added FSUIPC and SB4 and started flying on Vatsim. Not once has FSX hung up on me. My first flight with Radar Contact froze FSX after about an hour. I flew on Vatsim this morning for 2 hours with no issues. Obviously Radar Contact is causing the problem. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. My specs: Win7/64, AMD Phenom II X4 830 Processor 2.80 GHz, 6 GB ram. AMD Radeon HD 6800 video card. Thanks.

Deleted. I'll not talk to this fellow.

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

First, make sure RC is bypassed in any security applications. Refer to the relevant pinned topic. Because of RC's frequent accesses to FS especially if installed in a Program Files folder a security application may determine the frequent access are the actions of a virus/trojan.Secondly, RC needs to be run with a shortcut setting the shortcut properties to run as admin (a program level, not user admin level privilege).As an aside you should be aware that any non-acked ATC message in RC will stall it but FSX should continue to run.If when the crash occurs you alt-tab to switch application screens are any buried error messages displayed?Make sure the RC option to display text is off so it doesn't use as many resources.Finally insure that your stats are based when using RC4 and not using RC4 on the same flight plan with the same AI to insure your problem is not regional.I am not familiar with SB but I assume it is not running when RC is used.Finally, what error codes are present in the FS crash.After a crash see if Win 7 in admin tools allows you to look at the Windows event manager. look for errors around the real time of the crash. The codes can help.There is another diagnostic tool that you can try. I don't know if its report size is limited. See this brief thread;http://forum.avsim.net/topic/355785-rc-not-starting/Be sure after installing RC that FSUIPC is updated to the current base and interim version. Links are pinned at the forum top.FYI: In Win 64 RC runs in a 32 bit environment which limits any memory use.If the crash is repeatable you can also run a log in RC4 which may show what RC was doing near the crash time. Rename the log file in your rcv4x folder so it does not get overwritten. Instructions pinned at the forum top.Intermittent crashes are difficult to capture data on.Your tests with RC for now should be preferably with a default FS aircraft and no other add-on running. This should avoid any ram space issues causing virtual ram swaps to disk, something FS does not like.

Hi,Sorry that you have a problem.Many of us use RC4 and FSX without any difficulties.If FSX is having some problems with running FSX out of the box it would seem that your system could be the problem- is it robust enough to run FSX plus the i Fly NG etc?

without a log, i can't tell what the problem is.this gentleman has written me several times. first with the freezes, and i suggested a log to help me diagnose the problem. this morning i see an email without a log, and information that there was no freezes.without a log, i can't help diagnose these problems. anything i say is simply a guess. sometimes an educated guess, but still a guess.so as with this user, and for all users, if you are having problems, make a log, send it with an explanation of what happened.jd