Sign in to follow this  
PingPong

Please help me diagnose my problem.

Hey guysI am building a new PC for web-surfing and to drive my home-office.I bought all the parts on NewEgg and got them last night, after a fit of building and pulling parts out of my old office PC, I seem to have a problem.The PC will not overclock stably at all, here are the specs: Original GTX480, from back in 2010Corsair H70 Self contained watercooling blockSandy Bridge 2600K12 GB :CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9BGIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel MotherboardCORSAIR Professional Series HX750 (CMPSU-750HX) 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply----------------First of all the PC will not tum Prime 95 at stock speeds, crash to BSOD, and any OC I try to apply fails. I have built several PCs before but have not ever encountered this problem. To trouble shoot I tried to Isolate the componentsReplaced PSU with another 750W, no changeRan Memtest to 100%, no problemsRan OCCT same thing, fails after several minutes.Ran SuperPi, it completed that no problem-------------At present, I think I have a bad CPU, so I got an RMA through NewEgg, which i'll perform next week. Is there something I missed?Thanks in advance.

Are there any crash dumps at C:/Windows/Minidump?

CPU test, more worrisome is that I couldn't even run Prime 95 for a minute at stock/non-overclocked speed.I was incorrect I have been deleting other log files, the C:/Windows/Minidump? is currently empty.I'm flummoxed(and frustrated), I hope that that the next CPU will be more reliable.

Upload those minidumps here if you want