Sign in to follow this  
ripthejacker99

Landing mishap

HI just flew with sp1b installed. EGGD to ENVA. Great flight, no problems and smoother than before. Great work,However land in ENVA was a little choppy with snow piling down. On landing the left main indercarriage buried itself into the tarmac. Is this a cool feature, or a glitch?. Ive landed at enva many times before prior to sp1b without wrecking my plane.I was using the air berlin christmas livery on the 800w Thankslloyd jones

I had the same issue on my first flight after Sp1b too. My landing wasn't a 'greaser' but don't think it was hard enough to cause a crash. Have the damage limits been changed in the cfg?

Out of curiosity, which value in which file have to be edited to tweak the damage ratio while landing ?Sometimes I land like a feather and it crashes.....

If your landing like a feather and crashing is it possible your hitting an invisible object at that airport? Example I have Ultimate Terrain Alaska along with USA, Canada and Europe as well. When flying into PASI I kept hitting this invisible object about 20 feet off the runway and over the water. Never figured out what it was. I did reorder my file library in FSX and that seemed to solve the problem.http://forum.avsim.n...e__hl__managingCheck the url above and scroll down to see the images it helps to have your scenery in the right order. If your only crashing at a specific airport then you should disable crash detection cause there is probably an issue with that airport. I have not had any issues at all with landing the NGX so far with SP1b but all my landings are -150 fpm or less and I have not gone over -200 fpm yet.

If your landing like a feather and crashing is it possible your hitting an invisible object at that airport? Example I have Ultimate Terrain Alaska along with USA, Canada and Europe as well. When flying into PASI I kept hitting this invisible object about 20 feet off the runway and over the water. Never figured out what it was. I did reorder my file library in FSX and that seemed to solve the problem.http://forum.avsim.n...e__hl__managingCheck the url above and scroll down to see the images it helps to have your scenery in the right order. If your only crashing at a specific airport then you should disable crash detection cause there is probably an issue with that airport. I have not had any issues at all with landing the NGX so far with SP1b but all my landings are -150 fpm or less and I have not gone over -200 fpm yet.
That sounds interesting, I'll investigate it.Thanks a lot

That's why crash detection should be turned off.
No Way! If I land too hard I want it to crash! Course I turn crash detection off while taxiing or at the gate cause there too many noobs ghosting around the busy airports. Or somebody shows up at the same gate as you while your prepping for a flight and then it crashes. But when I am airborne I turn crash detection on and aircraft collision on.

Gents-Nothing you guys are describing in this thread has anything to do with the NGX...Seems like later posters in the thread are pointing you in the direction to look, however.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I just wish there was a way to turn off object collision but keeping the terrain crash.As a sidenote, when you crashed, did it tell you "Building Crash"? I think the simulator writes that if there is an object collision.

I just wish there was a way to turn off object collision but keeping the terrain crash.As a sidenote, when you crashed, did it tell you "Building Crash"? I think the simulator writes that if there is an object collision.
To be honest I do not recall if I looked at it or not because when it happens I am angry enough to take a walk and smoke a cigarette and forget about the 2 hours flight ruined by crash.It happens to land quite violently so that's with no doubt my fault, some other times I suspect that's not me instead.I'll investigate.