Sign in to follow this  
sjed

top half showing old screen

I was using the demo with no problems. I've updated the demo to the new 10.3 beta and now I'm getting the top half of the screen showing the screen that was on there earlier. In other words, if I was looking at the outside of the plane and then changed my view to the cockpit, the upper half would still show the upper half of the outside of the plane view. Any ideas?

SJED

I had the same problem, and finally determined it was a graphics driver problem. I was using the nVidia latest WHQL driver 285.62 drivers. My problems started off with the sky turning a very dark grey. Then graduated to showing the last settings screen in the sky, also if I panned the view, I would get multiple images. To solve the problem, I uninstalled the 285.62 drivers and installed a 275 series, thought that corrected the problem, but the problem came back after a few restarts. Uninstalled again, reinstalled a 270 series driver which I had been using for quite sometime, and that seemed to have solved the problem. The plot thickens, because I reinstalled the 285.62 drivers again today, and haven't had a problem since. I don't know if I just had a bad install with the 285.62 or what, but they now seem, I repeat, SEEM to work very well, My fps increased by 5 extra fps after this last install. In fact after this last install, I can use the HDR rendering function, which I could not before.If you are using a nVidia graphics card, it might be worth while trying a different driver.

I am using the Nvidia card and did just update to the 285 drivers. I just went to the nvidia settings and turned off the vsync and that seems to have fixed the problem.

SJED

Really glad to hear that. I don't know why I didn't think of that, it seems the logical thing to try. Hope it holds for you, and I think I will make sure the vsync is turned off in mine as well. I usually do turn it off as my machine is not going to get anywhere near the monitor refresh rate with the settings I throw at it. :-)