Sign in to follow this  
TopGun

Changing ARTCC call signs in FS9

Hi all, Is there any way to change a center's call sign on a particular frequency in FS9? 125.7 is sometimes referred to as "Nassau" center or "Miami" center, depending on the geographical position of your departure point. I'd like to change it to Miami center permanently since that's how it is in real life. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.J.C. (MYNN)

Is there any way you could locate the .wav file used for Nassau, rename it as, say, Nassau.wav.bak (or whatever file extension is used in FS9) copy the "Miami.wav" and rename the copy with the exact name and file extension of the original Nassau.wav file you just changed to a .bak file? A reboot or restart of FS9 might be necessary for this procedure to work.

Do you know where those .wav files are located? ThanksJ.C.
All of them are compiled into the USEnglishBig.gvp file in the ..Sound folder.Google search for EditVoicePak: http://www.editvoicepack.com/This free addon will allow you to customize your ATC. It's been around for many, many years now... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi there, I have editvoicepak, but I'm somewhat of a user at the beginner's level. I only use it to import downloaded mods. Could you please recommend how to go about using editvoicepak in order to achieve what I'm trying to do? Thanks in advance.J.C. (MYNN)

Change the Nassau Agent Name in EVP so it says "Miami". Click the Force Variation box. It will still display Nassau on the screen, but say Miami.Hope this helps,

Hi there, Another quick question...Nassau has approach control and tower facilities, and I'd like to keep them as is, if I were to do as you suggest, how would that affect those facilites? I don't want Nassau approach and Nassau tower being referred to as Miami approach and Miami tower. Thanks again.J.C.

Well, it looks like there's no way to resolve this issue, then. Are the center frequencies and the call signs devoted to them hard coded into certain scenery bgl files?J.C.

Well, it looks like there's no way to resolve this issue, then. Are the center frequencies and the call signs devoted to them hard coded into certain scenery bgl files?J.C.
Yes the Freq's. vs the Boundary are coded in FS and should be left intact. FS gave us the ability to add any type Freq. to any type Boundary which can be passed through and ATC identify this new data.The FS9 SDK is not as complete as the FSX SDK. The FS9 SDK left out important statements such as
BoundaryThis element is used to add a boundary volume to the facility data. This element is allowed to contain Com, BoundaryStart, Arc, Line, Circle, and Origin data and should not be terminated with ‘/>’. [/Quote]Since Nassau and Miami are already agent names in EVP there would be no need to add those. A simple example would look like the following where xxx are the correct Lat/Lon's for the boundarystart and lines. <Boundary type="CENTER" name="Miami"><BoundaryStart lat="xxx" lon="xxx" minimumAltitudeType = "UNLIMITED" altitudeMinimum="0" maximumAltitudeType = "UNLIMITED" altitudeMaximum="999999" /> <Line lat="xxx" lon="xxxx"/> <Line lat="xxxx" lon="xxx"/> <Line lat="xxx" lon="xxx"/><Com frequency="125.700" type="CENTER" name="MIAMI CENTER"/> </Boundary></FSData>Because Boundary's are not airport owned in FS but are defined airspaces, the above XML must nest outside the Airport data if you add the XML to an existing 3rd party airport. You can also compile the XML to its own bgljim

Thanks much for the above info. Since I have no idea how to go about doing the above (I have no experience in working with XML or compiling bgls for that matter), can you suggest how I can go about achieving my desired objective? Thanks again.J.C.

TopGunChanging freq's is on the update list for a future version of ADE9X. If I can get it working with a point and click (to make boundary's) then Jon can code it into ADE9X like he did the Approach Editor.My goal is to have the Boundary's and the Approach Editor combined so all freq. sectors could be updated.jim