Sign in to follow this  
Phil Chimbolo

BUG: XGauge Installation Wizard

Dear HiFi,I found a bug in your XGauge Installation Wizard. After reading several posts here, and doing some testing of my own, I've come to this simple assessment.It would appear that when the XGauge installation wizard is run for the first time (right after ASE installation) the aircraft that were configured then are remembered somewhere. That's fine, however...If the user moves "certain" originally configured aircraft out of the \Simobjects\Airplanes folder (i.e. to retire them, or to have FSX ignore loading them) and the XGauge installation wizard is run again, the wizard falsely displays the error "Problem checking for access rights to FSX aircraft folder..." blah blah blahIn my case, I can simply put back the aircraft I've moved aside while I run the wizard for new aircraft I've added. For people who uninstall aircraft, the only way to solve the problem you created is to either uninstall ASE and reinstall it... or to reinstall the aircraft so the XGauge Wizard can see it so it can run.Interestingly, I used your "UNINSTALL" option to remove the XGAUGE panel reference from all the aircraft thinking I could then move the unwanted aircraft aside safely. Nope! I tried to run the Xgauge Wizard again, to add the gauge to only my desired aircraft remaining in the \Simobjects\Airplanes folder... and the error came back again! So I had to put all the aircraft back so the wizard would run.Not sure what happens to people that "uninstall" aircraft that were once configured by the wizard. I suspect they might have to reinstall ASE from scratch. But I have no intention of testing that for you too.Poor implementation. Please fix.

PHIL CHIMBOLO

"Flight Simming for 40-years"

Intel Core i7 3970X 3.50GHz (OC @ 4.20GHz) | 32GB RAM | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | Four Monitors | GoFlight Pro Yoke

GoFlight TQ6 Advance Throttle | CH Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5

Hi,Thanks for you assessment of our implementation. That is extremely appreciated!We've found no correlation or explanation for what you describe. There is nothing "remembered". The scan is dynamic each time specific to the folder structure that exists during the scan. I just tried removing aircraft folders, and things work without any errors, with B647 and B655.So it appears your assumptions and assessment may need re-evaluation!Now concerning the error for access rights, this occurs prior to even looking at aircraft (simobject) folders! It happens when the XGauge files (gauge in imagery) cannot properly be copied into the correct locations. Again, this has nothing to do with the aircraft objects, it hasn't even begun looking there yet.If you will open a ticket (support.hifitechinc.com) with details we could look at this. Details on what steps you've done to initiate an error would help, as mentioned we could not find any issue as you describe here.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

We've found no correlation or explanation for what you describe. There is nothing "remembered". The scan is dynamic each time specific to the folder structure that exists during the scan. I just tried removing aircraft folders, and things work without any errors, with B647 and B655.
Until now, I thought B651 was the latest beta update for ASE ... if there's a newer one, where can I find it ?Regards,Christoph Reule

B655 is an in progress test build which is essentially the same as B651 for all intensive purposes. It should be posted very soon. B647 also does not exhibit any behavior as mentioned on this thread per our tests. We're hoping for some actual data here via official mechanisms.So far all we've seen is a very upset user who is venting, but has not provided anything that we can work with to diagnose or "fix" a problem, despite our attempts and time spent deciphering the above and trying to extract meaningful data.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

I'm wondering if this is related to the issues when FSX is installed in the default ProgramFiles(x86) folder using W7.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors