Sign in to follow this  
ArjenVdv

About the .rte files...

Hi,Robert said in the fix list, that the FMC will now disregard any preselected departure runway or SID, created in 3rd party flightplanners. Well, I have FSBuild 2.4. And today I did a flightplan from EHAM to LFMN. I preselected departure runway 24, and SID LEKKO1S. I started up my flight, turned the battery on, ground power on, IRS alignment, etc etc. Until I eventually came to the construction of my route. As usual, the departure aiport ICAO code (in this case EHAM), appears automaticly when coming inthe RTE page. So I pasted EHAM. Then I went to COROUTE, and selected my flightplan created by FSBuild, EHAMLFMN. I selected it and clicked EXEC. Then I looked at the DEP/ARR page, and what do you think? Runway 24 and SID LEKKO1S was preselected already! According to Robert's post, the FMC should ignore any precongifured departure runway's and/or SIDs, created in .rte files. So why isn't the FMC ignoring it in my case then? Is anyone else noticing this too? I'm sure I have version 3116, both the aircraft.cfg and FMC show this...Thanks!Arjen

Arjen-I would recommend that you uninstall/redownload the update/reinstall and try again.
I'll try to do so Robert, thanks.

Arjen-I would recommend that you uninstall/redownload the update/reinstall and try again.
Robert,I have uninstalled the 737NGX and reinstalled it with SP1B. And I have bad news, the departure runway was preselected again after choosing my COROUTE! This is what I did. I uninstalled the PMDG 737 8900 Base Package from Add/Remove programs. Then I deleted all 737NGX related folders from FSX/PMDG, FSX/SImobjects/Airplanes, and Appdata/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX/Simobjects.After this I ran the RTM version which I had backed up, this was version 2922. I ran it as administrator. After it was installed succesfully, I ran SP1B also as administrator, was installed succesfully also. Then I started up FSBuild 2.4, created this flightplan: EHAM ANDIK1S ANDIK UN873 TUSKA N873 VES DCT GE EKBI. On purpose, I unchecked the "Excluse SID/STAR" option. I also selected departure runway 24. Then I clicked "BUILD", and it was build succesfully. By the way, both the 737NGX have the updated navdata base. Then I started up FSX, chose the PMDG 737NGX 800WL PMDG House Colors. Chose EHAM gate D55, loaded the flight. Immediately after the initialization of the panel, I opened the FMC, entered EHAM as the reference airport, then at the RTE page, at the COROUTE section, I chose my earlier created flightplan, EHAMEKBI. Immediately after I clicked ACTIVATE and EXEC, I saw runway 24 appearing on the ND. The I looked in the DEP/ARR page, and I noticed that runway 24 was already preselected there. The SID ANDIK1S was NOT preselected, only the departure runway.I do actually not have a problem with it, but it's just to notify you that some things are not working entirely like they should.Thanks!Arjen

Hi guys,I can also confirm what Arjen is seeing with respect to departure runways when selecting a rte file created by FSBuild 2.4.Not causing any problems here either, but just thought I would add my 2 cents worth. My route: KABQ..LVS. J18. GCK . J96 . IRK. MOTIF2.KMDW with Runway 26 selected by FSBuild as departure runway. The MOTIF2 STAR did not show up as advertised.

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

Gents this feature is in because I wrote it and tested it.In case you still see it (no clue how this is possible, all terminal procs are deleted unless read from a PMDG FMC created .rte with a PMDG FMC header on top of the route file) I most strongly and urgently suggest :Do not include in the first placeDelete accidentally imported procs and use the native PMDG stuff.Utility imported procs are nowhere near the sophistication level of this FMC ! Delete and through DEP/ARR define. What's the point in any case of exporting terminal procs ?Planning utlities are wonderful for exporting mutliple core route formats concurrently used say in the PMDG FMC, online flying utility, weather route preparation programme, moving map utility etc etc etcFuel planning, terminal procedure exports otherwise WAY too naive and too simplistic and imprecise. Use the 737 NGx advanced technology that you spend your money on. It is yours to use (and abuse Love.gif).

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

Gents this feature is in because I wrote it and tested it.In case you still see it (no clue how this is possible, all terminal procs are deleted unless read from a PMDG FMC created .rte with a PMDG FMC header on top of the route file) I most strongly and urgently suggest :Do not include in the first placeDelete accidentally imported procs and use the native PMDG stuff.Utility imported procs are nowhere near the sophistication level of this FMC ! Delete and through DEP/ARR define. What's the point in any case of exporting terminal procs ?Planning utlities are wonderful for exporting mutliple core route formats concurrently used say in the PMDG FMC, online flying utility, weather route preparation programme, moving map utility etc etc etcFuel planning, terminal procedure exports otherwise WAY too naive and too simplistic and imprecise. Use the 737 NGx advanced technology that you spend your money on. It is yours to use (and abuse Love.gif).
Thanks for your answer! You are right of course, and I also do NOT want the SID/STAR or departure runway to be preselected after having chosen a COROUTE, because I want to choose them myself instead. But what I'm trying to tell, is that the FMC does NOT disregard/ignore departure runways from and .rte. It DOES disregard/ignore the SID/STARs though, that all works fine. I have no idea how I can exclude departure runway in FSBuild, so it will always be preselected for me I guess.Do you want me to send you my FSBuild created .rte file, so you can test it? What happens to is, when I choose my FSBuild created COROUTE, this afternoon EHAMLFMN, it does NOT ignore the departure runway from the .rte file. Instead it has preselected it already both on the RTE page, and in the DEP/ARR page.

I have no idea how I can exclude departure runway in FSBuild, so it will always be preselected for me I guess.
Hi Arjen,To eliminate the depature runway from the FSBuild flightplan, simply delete the runway number in the Departure section runway pulldown box (upper left hand corner of FSBuild) before you build your flightplan. If you do that the departure runway will not appear in the 737NGX FMC when you load the company route.

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

Hi Arjen,To eliminate the depature runway from the FSBuild flightplan, simply delete the runway number in the Departure section runway pulldown box (upper left hand corner of FSBuild) before you build your flightplan. If you do that the departure runway will not appear in the 737NGX FMC when you load the company route.
"simply delete the runway number in the Departure section runway pulldown box"I tried it but still got the RWY in the rte file.How did you do it?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Just a thought, maybe FSBuild actually makes proper rte files as PMDG designed it? With header and all?Actually having them selected in DEP ARR page makes me wonder.

Normally I just use FSBuild to build the main route and load it into the FMC.I manually add the departure/arrival (best guess).

Best Regards,

Normally I just use FSBuild to build the main route and load it into the FMC.I manually add the departure/arrival (best guess).
I use FSC and I guess it is similar to other major flight planners.If you don't plan neither SID nor STARS and of course no departing and landing runway within the flight planner, what's the usage of a flight planner ?Under these circumstances it simply connects the latest SID point with the first of the STAR therefore pretty much useless, IMO.

I use FSC and I guess it is similar to other major flight planners.If you don't plan neither SID nor STARS and of course no departing and landing runway within the flight planner, what's the usage of a flight planner ?Under these circumstances it simply connects the latest SID point with the first of the STAR therefore pretty much useless, IMO.
"what's the usage of a flight planner ?"Well, e.g., it gives fuel estimates based on current winds aloft .......and other importand in flight data!

Best Regards,

I use FSC and I guess it is similar to other major flight planners. If you don't plan neither SID nor STARS and of course no departing and landing runway within the flight planner, what's the usage of a flight planner ? Under these circumstances it simply connects the latest SID point with the first of the STAR therefore pretty much useless, IMO.
Copy a route from FlightAware or similar, paste it into FSBuild and export to FSX, PMDG etc. Saves a lot of manual entry...Adding the SID and STAR in the CDU is the easy bit.

Adding the SID and STAR in the CDU is the easy bit.
Yes but if you change dep/arr airport at each flight you should have quite a lot of paper to check this and that, a waste of time and you also hit the environment.I assume in the reality pilots tend to do the same routes they are qualified for, they do not change airport each flight across the world.For this reason a flight planner comes super useful when filling sid and stars because you can see them all together and choose the best ones without downloading and printing dozens of charts to eventually choose the desired one each single flight.