Sign in to follow this  
Ourgas2

Small contrail like "cloud" under the airplane. What is it?

Hi all,I could need some help on making dissapear what appears to be like a small white "cloud" flying under the airplane.It looks like a small contrail under the center of the airplane and remains there all the time.Anybody knows what this is and especially how to get rid of this?Thanks,Christos

That's an FSX issue with the effects. If you take off in the rain, it starts an effect that just doesn't shut off it seems. Never heard of a fix for this.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Never heard of a fix for this.
I think I found one, it's called Prepar3D. It worked like a charm. tongue.png

Cheers,

Cpt. Thad Wheeler

preview_prepar3dbarcode0.jpg?rev=0

Oh, it fixes a lot more than that for it's outrageous, way over the top deplorable subscription of $9.99 per month.You're right, that money could have been much better spent on two Grande cafe mochas at Starbuck's this month. What was I thinking? Greedy Lockheed Martin, wanting me to PAY for ongoing technical support for a flight simulator, how dare they...Two sides to every coin I suppose.

Cheers,

Cpt. Thad Wheeler

Yep, to each their own. Personally I think it's retarded as well, but I guess it all comes down to how much coin you have to blow in comparison to how much you sim. Both go hand and hand and if I had no life and simmed all day, then sure 10 bucks a month would be fine. Hell, World of Warcraft is $15 a month I think (umm, heard that on SouthPark, not personal experience).

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

To be honest, that plug was kinda weak, if anything. The guy wanted to know why there's a random effect that is showing up erroneously and you say "get a new sim."I mean, I'm all for supporting what you believe (look at my sig), but if my buddy's headlight goes out, I'm not going to tell him he should just get a new car because his is an old Saturn and I really like my Bimmer.

Kyle Rodgers

Oh, it fixes a lot more than that for it's outrageous, way over the top deplorable subscription of $9.99 per month.You're right, that money could have been much better spent on two Grande cafe mochas at Starbuck's this month. What was I thinking? Greedy Lockheed Martin, wanting me to PAY for ongoing technical support for a flight simulator, how dare they...Two sides to every coin I suppose.
Or my Flying Magazine subscription. It's more than my AOPA membership fee. My girlfriend's Christmas gift per year. Want me to keep going? I only pay subscriptions to things I need -- A glorified FSX isn't one of themThere are always two sides to the coin. So that way over the top deplorable subscription because Lockheed is hurting is way over the top and deplorable (for non-commercial users). Thing is, there are customers dense enough to pay it. Doh.gifNow that we've given the commercial spot for Prepared, I think we can move on. There is no fix for the OP's issue.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

My comment was more tongue and cheek than really a plug, but I found it rather amusing how quickly folks jumped on it and start going for border line personal attacks such as "I think it's retarded", (so now I'm a retard?), and "there are customers dense enough to pay it", (so I'm also dense too?), the implications are rather transparent.The same arguments you present could be applied to hundreds of things in life. Your choices may differ from mine and others, but most have respect for others "values" on what brings them enjoyment. I'm sorry, I see no right or wrong in what Lockheed Martin is doing, and there are a multitude of software companies doing it because it ensures there is continuous revenue to provide the support that most users demand. A single point sale for $60 simply can not sustain that, and *that* is why there is no solution for the OP problem. In the "subscription" based *option* the problem is fixed. Fact's suck sometimes. Percieve it as you will.

Cheers,

Cpt. Thad Wheeler

My comment was more tongue and cheek than really a plug, but I found it rather amusing how quickly folks jumped on it and start going for border line personal attacks such as "I think it's retarded", (so now I'm a retard?), and "there are customers dense enough to pay it", (so I'm also dense too?), the implications are rather transparent.The same arguments you present could be applied to hundreds of things in life. Your choices may differ from mine and others, but most have respect for others "values" on what brings them enjoyment. I'm sorry, I see no right or wrong in what Lockheed Martin is doing, and there are a multitude of software companies doing it because it ensures there is continuous revenue to provide the support that most users demand. A single point sale for $60 simply can not sustain that, and *that* is why there is no solution for the OP problem. In the "subscription" based *option* the problem is fixed. Fact's suck sometimes. Percieve it as you will.
I'm glad we weren't vague when we stated exactly the point we wanted to get across. Personally I don't think you're retarded or dense! I think that paying a commercial license subscription is.A single point sale of 50-80$ has sustained X-Plane for 15+ years... Your point is moot. Facts do suck sometimes. Refer to my first statement in this particular post, and then think about this: Lockheed is contemplating a much cheaper license for non-commercial usage of their product.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Thad, my "retarded" comment was said to be just my take on it, thus the whole "to each their own" statement to your "two sides to every coin" statement. I wasn't calling you retarded, in fact I tossed the W.O.W comment out there even burning myself I think. Don't get hung up on that and take the time to read everything someone says before assuming the worst. As for that particular word, I say that about everything and quite casually actually. I call myself retarded all the time. I guess it's just slang around here, but no offense was meant in any case.A good chunk of simmers that post here I would say don't the money for a descent computer, let alone a sim that costs as much as a high end rig. Again, to each their own. I spent about $4k in building an overhead once for the 744. My simpit days ended practically within minutes. I scrapped it all in a second without giving it a second thought. Now, to most, that's retarded ;)Your post was more than tongue in cheek when you got cocky with your "how dare they". You chose to add attitude to your post, so don't get all defensive when people attack back what they may see as rude.

Dan Prunier

Dan,I'm glad you're back. For a while there, I felt like I was the only one with the sarcastic/sardonic posting style. Glad I'm in company again.

Kyle Rodgers

I've had this problem a few times over the years, but maybe more as I don't leave the VC that much, only to get that awesome screenshot and no fix other then re-starting sim. Also not sure what makes this occur.Certainly no need for "pay to play" to fix this problem.If you want a sim that's pay to play I suggest you invest in iRacing!

Haha, yeah Kyle, I've seen the similarities in your posts as well. It's brought me many chuckles. It's ashame so many take so much so literally. I know there's the whole communication thing which plays a huge role in just the different cultures/slang, but I can still decipher how things are usually meant from the way people word things. If I had anything worth being sued over, I know many would try to sue me over just being me and nonchalant. Anywho, it is good to know one or two might understand, even if the rest want me dead ;)

Dan Prunier