Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=?

In reading and searching this forum along with what this gentlemen says here about it: http://fsxtimes.wordpress.com/2011/12/03/133-texture_bandwidth_mult-revisited/I am currently at a loss as to what I should use. I have been using =120 and now just went to 400. I see many people posting their cfg with it at 80 or 40. This above blogger is now using =800 on his rig. I have two 1GB HD 5870 ATI cards. I know fsx does not use SLI. I am wondering if someone (Word Not Allowed?) might explain further what a good number is to use. My cfg tweaks and relevant settings are:[bufferPools]UsePools=1PoolSize=8388608RejectThreshold=131072[Display]TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0TextureMaxLoad=9[JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=14[GRAPHICS]SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=1HIGHMEMFIX=1ForceWindowedVSync=1FORCEFULLSCREENVSYNC=1SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500673TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096[TERRAIN]LOD_RADIUS=4.500000MESH_COMPLEXITY=100MESH_RESOLUTION=24TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=29AUTOGEN_DENSITY=4DETAIL_TEXTURE=1WATER_EFFECTS=6

Eric 

40 is default.80 is a good, conservative number. 120 is still OK if your videocard can handle it... it speeds up texture loading.I've never seen anyone use 800

Bert

I've had no luck with texture_bandwidth_multi other than 40.Bufferpools=0 and Affinitymask=14 are the only tweaks that work for me (yes, I'm running a 580 card)Try and fly is going to be your best guide.Cheers,Mark

Ya, thats what I figured. Seems like 400 is too high. Think I will stick with 120.

Eric 

I think it is really a case of trying a few numbers and seeing how your system handles it.I've seen 400 recommended for photoscenery, though on my machine, I've tried everything from 10 to 400 and found 60 to be the best.This number tends to be very individual system dependant and what works for one doesn't for another, it also interacts with some other settings you may have.IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

In reading and searching this forum along with what this gentlemen says here about it: http://fsxtimes.word...mult-revisited/I am currently at a loss as to what I should use. I have been using =120 and now just went to 400. I see many people posting their cfg with it at 80 or 40. This above blogger is now using =800 on his rig. I have two 1GB HD5870 ATI cards. I know fsx does not use SLI. I am wondering if someone (Word Not Allowed?) might explain further what a good number is to use. My cfg tweaks and relevant settings are:
Hi Eric,This is Tom of fsxtimes. As Ian pointed out, "the number tends to be very individual system dependent." I tried different numbers from 40, 80, 200, 400 to 800 on different systems and results were varied. I found 800 is good for my HD6970 card with current tweaks in fsx.CFG. If 120 is best for your current setup, stick to it. Tom

But...according Bojote, if you are usingUPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0the TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT is not used by FSX.In this configuration it uses only TextureMaxLoad= withouth multiply this value, so you can try with TextureMaxLoad=30 or some similar value.

But...according Bojote, if you are usingUPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0the TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT is not used by FSX.In this configuration it uses only TextureMaxLoad= withouth multiply this value, so you can try with TextureMaxLoad=30 or some similar value.
and... according to NickN there is no value above 400 recognized in the FSX render engine. A value above 400 simply defaults and any user that says they see a difference above 400 is being influenced by a placebo effect.The recognized value range is 10 to 400. I think Phil Taylor posted that somewhere too.With locked frames I run 120 which is where NickN advised me to set it and forget it over textures with my 580 video adapter,with the exception of flying my large photo scenery areas where I use 400Zip

Thanks for the heads up

Eric