Sign in to follow this  
Chris Catalano

HUD and PFD - cannot fit it all on one screen...

Hi Everyone:I am trying to learn how to use the HUD. I have a nice 18 inch flat screen monitor. The problem is that I cannot seem to fit the HUD and the PFD all on one screen wihout zooming out to 40%. If I move the seat back, I cannot see the edges of the HUD like the speed tape and the altitude incidations. If I move too far forward, I lose the PFD below. So the only wat I can see it all is to move my seat forward, then zoom out to a tiny 40%, and that makes things hard to readon my Nav display, etc. Is there some trick to getting it all to fit nicely with a reasonable size display?Thanks,Chris Catalano

I haven't been able to find one. The whole point of the HUD is so you can have your eyes out of the cockpit. The HUD is a PFD, of course with some minor variations. Having the HUD and PFD on the screen at the same time is a contradiction.

What do you need to see on the PFD that isn't on the HGS? The whole point of the HGS is to provide all the information you need during an approach...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The problem is not that I can't see my PFD - it is that I can't see the other screens I need - like my Nav display for all my waypoints, and some of the switches (like the auto pilot switch to disengage during my approach...). I sometimes use the HUD during Takeoff in poor visibility - I need to see if LNAV is tracking correctly, etc.Chris

Chris,Are you looking for a view (EZCA) like this?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

That is actually realistic, really. You have a limited field of view in reality, and as pointed out already, HUGS is in place just so that you dont need to look down to PFD.

Chris,Are you looking for a view (EZCA) like this?
Thats what i get when i use vc mode and i havnt got ezca

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Yes that is the view, but what is "EZCA"?The problem is that to get a view like that, I have to zoom out to 40%, and it is just a little too small for me... Again - I want to be able to see the NAV display if possilbe.Thanks,Chris

Yes that is the view, but what is "EZCA"?The problem is that to get a view like that, I have to zoom out to 40%, and it is just a little too small for me... Again - I want to be able to see the NAV display if possilbe.Thanks,Chris
When I took the screenshot I wanted to mention that I was using EZCA at that time ... just for your info.EZCA is payware that lets you set up custom "views" and "special" effects.If you go to there forum there is a stickie post on setting it up which tells you all about it at the same time.http://www.simforums...ok-setup-videosI got it to give me static 2D views while in the VC ... like of the Throttle quadrant .. FMC etc.

Best Regards,

Or you just click on the PFD and use it as an extra window...David
Can you do that with the throttle quadrant?

Best Regards,

Simple answer:Correct. When flying the plane using the HUGS, you're looking out the window, not down at the displays. Even if you can see them in your periph, you're not paying attention to them, or are tunneling them out. Expecting to do the same in the sim is unrealistic.

Kyle Rodgers

Can you do that with the throttle quadrant?
As far as I know, this is not possible. (PMDG hasn`t added this feature.)David