Sign in to follow this  
jeff172

X-Plane 10 Retail- So where are the airport buildings?

So where are the airport buildings? There are a zillion other buildings, houses, cars etc, but 0 airport buildings, not even a tower?Is something not turned on or just not installed by default?Dont get me wrong, I love X-plane and all that it does, but what happened to the airport buildings really?

So where are the airport buildings? There are a zillion other buildings, houses, cars etc, but 0 airport buildings, not even a tower?Is something not turned on or just not installed by default?Dont get me wrong, I love X-plane and all that it does, but what happened to the airport buildings really?
Only Sea-Tac has it for the time being. As time goes on, they will continue populating, as will Aerosoft, which will then be rolled into the updates of X-Plane for all customers to enjoy.Additionally, some new, easy to use scenery tools will roll out with a rather large library. Quite literally, airport terminals with fairly good details (trucks, baggage carts, jetways, and the general shape) can be made within a matter of a few minutes.

Founder of X-Aviation

Air Driven Generator (ADG)In the event of a complete AC power failure in flight, the ADG will automatically deploy andsupply 115 volts, 400 Hz AC emergency power to the ADG bus. The ADG bus will then supplyemergency power to the AC essential bus and the 3B hydraulic pump. The AC essential bus willthen power essential TRU 1, which will power the DC essential bus.If the automatic deploy function fails, the ADG can be deployed manually by pulling theADG manual release handle on the ADG CONTROL control panel at the rear of the center console.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Plus go to the .org, XPFR Nd Damman Thierry's great site for free easy to install airports..

Only Sea-Tac has it for the time being. As time goes on, they will continue populating, as will Aerosoft, which will then be rolled into the updates of X-Plane for all customers to enjoy.Additionally, some new, easy to use scenery tools will roll out with a rather large library. Quite literally, airport terminals with fairly good details (trucks, baggage carts, jetways, and the general shape) can be made within a matter of a few minutes.
Just to clarify, will the Aerosoft airports, be free updates also, as your post seems to suggest, or will they be payware addons, like they do for FS2004/FSX?

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Just to clarify, will the Aerosoft airports, be free updates also, as your post seems to suggest, or will they be payware addons, like they do for FS2004/FSX?
Hey, tf51d,As it stands now, what will ship IN the Aerosoft boxed version will also make it's way into the non-aerosoft versions. I don't have a timeline as to when other than that knowledge. I believe the major difference right now is that Aerosoft's box is made of metal (limited number), and they have also slightly altered the autogen buildings to look more like Europe.Products like Mega Airports, etc will continue to remain payware regardless of who you buy from.

Founder of X-Aviation

Hi all !Here are links to find free airports with buildings:http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=30718http://xpfr.org/?body=scene_cartes&cover=francehttp://www.opensceneryx.com/blog/scenery-packages-using-opensceneryx/(in this topic, please add all the good links I forgot)Happy flying ! :(

As of now, LR doesn't have access to data that would populate the airports with the correct buildings or placement of generic buildings in proper places, and instead of placing random buildings, they leave it blank. This is in hopes that people will use WED (not yet released with lego-brick support) to populate the missing airport buildings of their airports. This will hopefully also have the ability to submit the additions to a master system where the updates will be downloaded via the updater so EVERYONE will be able to download the populated airports.

And just saw Tom Kyler at xpilot mention that new wed won't be out till Feb approx..

Feb, thats quite some time. I was intending to have a little play just to see what could be done. It won't be the first time this question is asked. To be fair, LR should probably have released a demo in an area that did not have any airport buildings.

And just saw Tom Kyler at xpilot mention that new wed won't be out till Feb approx..
Well that's a bit disappointing. This would seem like something you'd want out as soon as possible.

Very big disappointment for me as well. no tower, airport buildings, 777 at GA airports... etc ... This seems to be a unfinished product with tons of bugs and missing a major elements to make it a real flightsim. As for now I don't even try to run x plane 10. I didn't pay $80 to be a beta tester.