Sign in to follow this  
skipjack

Program for Wind Smoothing?

Hi All,I have purchased REX but haven't installed it yet.Does anyone know if REX has a 'Wind Smoothing' facility.If not, should I get FSUIPC4 (I think) .. for FSX as well as REX.Also does Active Sky have Wind Smoothing, ...Is Active Sky better to use?Maybe FSUIPC & REX would be the cheaper & more efficient option, don't really know.These Wind Shifts in FSX after downloadind real upper winds WX is dissapointing at times & really throws my NGX around as it tries to correct.Hope some one might have some thoughtful recomendationsThanks.Regards,Stewart T.

I use REX and FSUIPC (registered) to control the wind updates from knockin' the plane around. REX has no option within the interface to control wind smoothing so a full copy of FSUIPC is a must.Not sure about Active Sky as I don't use but from talk here people say to uses it's Wind Smoothing option.Some use REX texture and Active Sky's weather system.Hope this help a bit,

Get ASE and a registered copy of FSUIPC, all problems solved.

I use REX for the textures, ASE for weather (I have thought a lot about it, actually about 2 years, but after I got it I'm very glad a made that descision) and FSUIPC for wind smoothing.It's a very expensive combination, but beleave me, it is worth it!!! I wouldn't fly without it anylonger!

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

I only have REX for its textures, and i use fsx real weather.If i disable ''download winds aloft'' will this also stop the wind change nonsence?...its quite pathetic.

Might be, but in that case you wouldn't have any winds when airbourne.The best solution for this problem is buying FSUIPC. It's sad but true, it won't work in any other way.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

Get ASE and a registered copy of FSUIPC, all problems solved.
Hahaha! you did the ASI livery for me !!! thanks again and nice to see what you look like! OFF topic i know.

Thanks for your informative replies.I think now I will install REX & get FSUIPC (registrated) .Probably also get ASE a bit later.Again, thanks for the info it's basicially what I needed to clear up.Stewart Thompson

wind shifts are normal, but I havent seen any abnormal plane behavior using it. I do have it set to only update every 30 minutes which lessens any shifts, unless I have flown through a front inthe meantime :)

Jay