Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Vertigo Studios Vans RV8 is out!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Looks nice but they lack cockpit images. They show 3 but not what I would expect to see.Bob

I agree, I've requested some more over at SoH forums.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Bob they posted some closer VC shots at their site.It says VFR only daytime per the placard I'm curious I thought RV's were for IFR flight and nighttime? Anyone know?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

It would be up to the builder, more specifically it would be up to the budget of the builder.

Does this one have night lights?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Does this one have night lights?
The pics shown, are the type that a molded into the wing tips.L.Adamson

Larry you have an RV right? What model? Do you fly IFR in it?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Larry you have an RV right? What model? Do you fly IFR in it?
RV6A -- changing it to a tail dragger 6. Has night lights, but not IFR. Many RVs are set up for IFR. Some have very sophisticiated glass systems, available through several different manufacturers. I have a Garmin 696 that's tied to a 2 axis A/P and fuel monitoring system, but that's the extent of it. And BTW-- I kind of crunched the expensive C/S prop.........three months ago..L.Adamson

Bob they posted some closer VC shots at their site.It says VFR only daytime per the placard I'm curious I thought RV's were for IFR flight and nighttime? Anyone know?
Thanks, headed there now.Bob

Hate to be critical here but it is one of my pet peeves. Look at the vent above the Hobbs meter. It always puzzled me as to why the graphic modeling tools used for FS can't seem to draw a round object correctly. You see it in so many models. These incorrect shapes are also prevalent on the panel dash radius's on many models I have seen. You see the points in the radius. Just turns me off. I think this is why I love the presentation of the Carenado models so much . They use a photographic image of sorts the way I understand it, but everything is shaped properly. The gauges here in this model do not show this deformity as much, but maybe that is a different tool, I don't know. I own a website lasercraftstudios.com, and although I rarely do sophisticated drawings, I do have tools which are very capable of some fairly complicated tasks. I can only assume that the tools that are used are just not capable maybe. Maybe someone knows the whole story as to why a simple shape cannot be accomplished properly. All in all the model looks nice, but my eyes just gravitate to these areas and I just end up putting the aircraft in the moth ball fleet.RegardsBob

RV6A -- changing it to a tail dragger 6. Has night lights, but not IFR. Many RVs are set up for IFR. Some have very sophisticiated glass systems, available through several different manufacturers. I have a Garmin 696 that's tied to a 2 axis A/P and fuel monitoring system, but that's the extent of it. And BTW-- I kind of crunched the expensive C/S prop.........three months ago..L.Adamson
Ouch, glad to hear it was only a bruised ego hehe!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

The VC is very good. The FDX could use some revising, my other issue is with the sound set, which has a few errors at low power settings. Overall, the addon has surpassed my expectations, yet is in need of a service pack.

What's curious is that it says VFR only and "no flying between the hours of dusk and dawn" which has nothing to do with IFR flight. I guess it has no lights.I have the build "license" and the plans but never got around to building mine,-an RV-8 also. One of these days :) Model looks good though.

Jim Atkins