Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Vertigo Studios Vans RV8 is out!

The VC is very good. The FDX could use some revising, my other issue is with the sound set, which has a few errors at low power settings. Overall, the addon has surpassed my expectations, yet is in need of a service pack.
What are the items you would like to see in a "perfect world service pack" ?, very few items were reported, to date adding optional tinted glass was the main one , other ideas are welcome.

For some reason, the engine sounds mute below 17% throttle power. The FDX are actually pretty good except at lower airspeeds. Also, I would hope to see an IFR model eventually. I enjoy the plane thoroughly, yet the sound issues are very annoying.

Gotta have some instrument/internal cockpit lighting.Bob

Lighting it has and Nav capability it could follow a glideslope to minimums if needed, but this particular plane isnt rated for IFR though .

I've been having some problems with this aircraft and was wondering if anyone was experiencing the same.MY DG seems to be about 20 degrees off of what it should be indicating. If I manually adjust it to the correct heading, then the autopilot will not track the heading I have set on the Nav1 indicator. I have to go by what the tooltip popup indicates.The NAV1 indicator seems to be bugged as well. The numbers that show up on the tooltip popup does not correspond with where the indicator is pointing. It also doesn't seem to be affected by the NAV/GPS source toggle.As for the autopilot, it almost seems to have a mind of its on. I have just set it to hold and altitude of 2,000ft and heading of 270. It kept oscillating back and forth between 260 and 280 while also climbing+/- 100 ft. It eventually put the aircraft into a 45 degree steep turn to the left.

I know this is an old thread but evidently Vertigo Studios has not corrected the problems with this plane.  Here is what I'm having trouble with:

1. I can't get the com frequencies on the com radio to show up. The NAV freqs are there but not the COM frequencies. 

2. The Heading indicator is off by 20 degrees.

3. The Oil Pressure guage reads extremely high as well as the Oil Temp. No where near the green arc at any time.

4. The Autopilot will not initialize. It comes up with the error message "ATT FAIL." The only way I can get it working is by taking off and while in the air turn off the battery, alternator, and avionics switches and then turn them back on.

I wrote for help but received no reply.  Evidently Vertigo Studios does not support their aircraft, at least the RV8.  It's 2014 as I write this and evidently these problems have been around since 2011. Hope they fix these problems because I otherwise really like the plane.

There have been no updates for their Stearman, either AFAIK.  I.e., the engine sound looping issue.