Sign in to follow this  
Aharon

Black Friday Meets Alaska Vatsim Event Hosted By PANC FIR

Shalom and greetings all my pals,Here is a nice scenic flight during Anchorage ARTCC's BLACK FRIDAY MEETS ALASKA vatsim event dated 11/25/11 from PACD Cold Bay Airport located in Cold Bay in the Aleutians East Borough of the U.S. state of Alaska to PAFA to PAFA Fairbanks International Airport located three miles southwest of the central business district of Fairbanks using Southern Air Boeing 743.Airborne after take off from PACD runway 32 making 90 degree right turn to BINAL while on climb to FL350pa1.jpgStill in middle of right 90 degree turn with background view of Moffet Lagoon which is one of the most important migratory bird staging and wintering habitats in the world. More than 82 species of birds have been documented using habitats in the vicinity of the lagoon area including more than half the world population of Emperor Geese, and a significant percentage of the world populations of Steller's Eider and Taverner's Cackling Goose.pa2.jpgStill climbing to FL350 now passing through clouds at about 10,000 ftpa3.jpgMaking course correction to position to intercept BINALpa6.jpgIntercepting BINAL in middle of climb to FL350 and heading to TANIEpa4.jpgNice wing view of Mount Dana which is small stratovolcano of the Alaska Peninsula located northeast of Canoe Bay inlet at the head of Pavlof Baypa5.jpgNow cruising at FL350 with background view of Mud Bay and Herendeen Baypa7.jpgIntercepting TANIE and heading to AKN while cruising above Bristol Bay which coupled with the extreme number of shoals, sandbars and shallows making sailing navigation troublesome, especially during the area's frequently strong winds and is one of the world's most dangerous areas for large shipping vesselspa8.jpgLook at how busy PANC and PAFA were especially many planes were heading to either of those airportspa10.jpgBecause of regulations of those forums not allowing more than 10 screenshots per post, please be kind enough to go to this link to view rest of super exciting flight.Here is link: http://vatil.org.il/vatil/board/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39039Thank you for viewing and please stay tuned for next exciting flightRegards,Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Guest venustus01

Lovely shots!Kudos for your enthusiasm!

Thanks all for kind words.

you forgot to switch on your NAV lights in the last few shots tongue.png
I thought I did, didn't I? Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Darthmop.Maybe it was not blinking on when I took screenshots. It is hard to catch any light blinking on at precise same moment when I take screenshot.Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Darthmop.Maybe it was not blinking on when I took screenshots. It is hard to catch any light blinking on at precise same moment when I take screenshot.Aharon
Hmm, normally the NAV lights won´t blink in any way (unless you have an military plane but the 743 ain´t.) so you will likely have forgotten to switch them on or something else prevented them from showing.

superpilotv2,Which NAV light are you and Darth Mp referring to? Can you show me example please?Aharon

signCopy.jpg