Sign in to follow this  
Eric Olson

Offline...and surface winds.

Has anyone else had this issue:ASE attempts to download over and over until it finally gives up and goes into offline mode. No problem, except, when you land, you're up against cruise winds.Last night, METAR showed it should have been 10 kts or so at KSNA, but on approach, I was up against a 75 kt H/W.

Hello Eric,Winds "sticking" are an issue which is not related to offline/online access. On approach as you descend the values should adjust appropriately as per the wind data you see. If it doesn't do this, and becomes "stuck" we have what's called a stuck wind condition. This is something not related to AS, but FSUIPC as we've just recently discovered, and a solution is being worked on. In the mean time, removing FSUIPC, enabling FSUIPC (registered) wind smoothing or using some special FSUIPC option parameters can also solve this. If you'd like some help with this please contact our support department. We expect an available FSUIPC update soon.As to not being able to download, that's something different. Is it possible you had temporary internet issues? We have no current reports of issues on our end. If you continue having these issues please let us know your details (support.hifitechinc.com). Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Thanks Damian. The problem with the "wind stick" seems to only happen, for me, if ASE goes offline.When FSX isn't running, ASE can download first shot. When I start up FSX, it takes multiple tries and even then, sometimes can not get a download. Thoughts on that?

Hi Eric,That's really strange. I can confirm that the wind stuck issue has been identified and solved, confirmed fixed by our beta team using test FSUIPC builds. It was related to a timing issues, so perhaps that is a clue. A downloadable FSUIPC update is pending.I would recommend checking your networking performance, ensuring AV/firewall is not scanning FSX/ASE unnecessarily, etc. We have no other reports of download issues right now and a test 5 minutes ago yielded good performance on all servers. Ideas as to why this could happen include internet connectivity issues at your end or your ISP connections, bandwidth problems on your local network, and performance issues related to AV/firewall.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies