Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stratus_Fractus

Avsim smiley icons

Guest Lindy

I've e-mailed Scott Brazell and posted in the Avsim Forums forum, but I think everyone is one vacation over there.The "challenge" -- I run Netscape version 7.0 on a brand new computer with OS of XP Home Edition. None of Avsim's animated smiley icons are animated any more!! I miss them!! Anyone have an idea how I "wake 'em back up"? And it's not just here at Avsim either......... on the Incredimail website, none of the animations work there either. And that site keeps telling me I need an Apple Quicktime plugin. I already HAVE the Apple Quicktime plugin!!!Be aware, on my older computer (with Win98SE) I was also using Netscape version 7, and all the icons worked just fine. So I suspect it has something to do with XP Home.So...... any ideas, anyone out there?Thanks in advance.-Lindy

Guest Lizardo

Can't say if this will help, but I downloaded Netscape 7 last night, so see how it works. (I normally IE & MSN8). Then I noticed some odd things..my media player didn't immediately pop up as before when wanting to see something. hmm. So, I deleted media player, and re-installed and now it's the same as day before yesterday. Hmm. When I saw your question, I went to programs and clicked Quick Time player. Without asking, it connected me to the update site, updated and so on. Sooo..I couldn't let Netscape off the hook so easily, since you re-installed it.

Lindy, little help here I am afraid.. running NS7.0 on 98SE and not having any problem.

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Well try going into your preferences, then privacy and security, images then say animated images should loop as many times as the image specifies.HTH

Guest Lindy

Thank you....... thank you........ thank you!!!! :*THAT DID IT! Whoo hoo!!!-Lindy :-wave

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Glad it works. :D Anytime.