Sign in to follow this  
Dicko

Another example of see through cockpit

This is another example of the see through strip in the cockpit at zoom 3.00 or more looking from the captains seat to the radios on the center console

Edited by Dicko

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

Something screwy going on there. I have zoomed in very close like yours and I do not see anything like that. Try restarting your computer and reloading FSX and try it again.

It would be nice if someone from PMDG could give me an answer as to whether I have a corrupted install or not. I have submitted a ticket already, but it would be reassuring to definately find out if my install is OK.

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

I think it's just the armrest of your seat ! Whistle.gifJust put it up and you won't see it anymore !

vpa055.png

I think it's just the armrest of your seat ! Whistle.gifJust put it up and you won't see it anymore !
?????? That's the tarmac

Andrew Dixon

Hey Andrew, just confirmed your findings. You don't have a corrupt install and it does appear to be the arm rest (looks the same texture to me anyway but more like being inside the arm rest and looking at its bottom from inside, if that makes any sense) but not in it's current position. Almost as if you're crossing through it with it being a copy that's invisibly until you zoom in, if that makes sense. I tried to put it up, but can't, at least I can't find a click spot to do so. I even made 5 new views with EZCA and still no dice.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hey Andrew, just confirmed your findings. You don't have a corrupt install and it does appear to be the arm rest (looks the same texture to me anyway but more like being inside the arm rest and looking at its bottom from inside, if that makes any sense) but not in it's current position. Almost as if you're crossing through it with it being a copy that's invisibly until you zoom in, if that makes sense. I tried to put it up, but can't, at least I can't find a click spot to do so. I even made 5 new views with EZCA and still no dice.
Hi Dan, the texture you are seeing is the tarmac. If you are over taxiway markings you can see them. According to Ryan it is just something that happens in FSX. A complete re-install did nothing to fix the issue so I suppose I have to just suck it up.

Andrew Dixon

I have the same problem when zooming in to the trim indicator to set up my takeoff trim properly. However, I wrote it off as an FSX problem and decided not to complain since they already have a lot on their hands. Nevertheless you are right, it would be nice to see this fixed. I'm not counting on it though.

Same thing with looking for trim at extreme zoom but it happens with all a/c, not just ngx. It's an Fsx problem.

Why so much zoom anyways? 3.00 seam like a bunch. I use .60 myself and can see the sharp, crisp textures and text PMDG has provided.

Setting trim (as example) doesn't have to be perfect. If it says 4.65 just put it a little above 4.5 & you'll be ok. The plane will still take off & after that you trim as needed for a neutral yoke anyway. 3.0 is literally like the captain leaning in until his nose is just a couple of inches from the scale. Way too nearsighted to pass a c1 medical.

For me this FSX issue is a problem only with cabin view where the walls and seats disappear near me.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Its definitely not the armrest!! Look at the angle of the photo, You can tell it isn't the armrest!!