Sign in to follow this  
doruks

VC lagging

Hi,My NGX VC "lags" (microstutters?) often while panning around the cockpit. This does not happen with any external views and/or any other internal views of built-in or freeware/payware aircraft. The strange thing is that FPS is constantly 30 when I use the FPS limiter, and always more than 30, around mid 40s when I don't use it. That is why I get more frustrated than I would if I saw low FPS numbers. I really can't get it why I keep getting those microstutters with high FPS numbers. I would be more than happy to trade those numbers with more smoothness.My config is: Intel i2500K @ 4.7 GHz, 8GB ddr3 ram, NVidia 550 Ti graphics card.I have tried this with/without external frame limiter, with/without affinity mask tweak, with/without bojote's, especially bufferpools=0 / bufferpools=1 - rejectthreshold=x tweaks, with various Nvidia Inspector settings, 8xS AA + 4x Transparency AA and no transparency AA,with/without V-sync. I normally use very high autogen settings, but nothing changes with lower settings also. Also tried with traffic off, does not help. My cloud draw distance is set to 60, and visibility is limited to 50 by HiFi ASE product.Best results so far are with bufferpools set to 0, internal fps unlimited, external limiter set to 30, 8xS AA with transparency AA off, affinity mask set to 14. Tried so many combinations and this "feels" the best so far, yet still disturbing because of this lagging feel I mention.I wonder if anyone else experiences a similar problem, or even better if anyone experienced and found a remedy for this.Thank you.Doruk Selçuk

Have you also tried to set the frames in FSX to about 30?Maybe this helps...David
I did and it performs worse unfortunately. I'll try to explain: When I set internal FPS limiter to UNLIMITED and set external limiter to 30, I get 30 fps with few +1 spikes, thus fluctuating between 30-31. When I set internal limiter to 30, this fluctuation gets much worse, like 20 to 28 fps, almost never 30. The microstutters become macrostutters as a result.My problem seems to relate to something like monitor refresh rate, response time etc, not directly related to any hardware bottleneck. It is very hard to explain, really. I'm very close to throwing my pc out of the balcony, because I get more and more frustrated every new attempt to fix it. :)

I did and it performs worse unfortunately. I'll try to explain: When I set internal FPS limiter to UNLIMITED and set external limiter to 30, I get 30 fps with few +1 spikes, thus fluctuating between 30-31. When I set internal limiter to 30, this fluctuation gets much worse, like 20 to 28 fps, almost never 30. The microstutters become macrostutters as a result.My problem seems to relate to something like monitor refresh rate, response time etc, not directly related to any hardware bottleneck. It is very hard to explain, really. I'm very close to throwing my pc out of the balcony, because I get more and more frustrated every new attempt to fix it. :)
No! Don`t do that!!!!!! It seems to be a good PC with this framerates. LOL.gifSad, I couldn´t help you. Maybe somebody else has an idea.David