A funny thought came up today watching the screenies of the new 2012 textures.The runway is half coverd with snow and the taxiways are....clean?!?[so are the aprons] Whistle.gifSomething to be adjusted I think.The same goes for rainy weather.You can hardly see a thing in an aeroplane when flying thru the rain.Yet in FS it is normal to have a visibility of 10nm while rain hits your window screen.Something to be adjusted too.unsure.pngAny chance of having snow covered taxiways in the future?It would also be nice to have snow in places where there is actually snow.And now snow -when no snow has fallen there or temps are above zeroph34r.pngLarge parts of Europe don.t have snow in winter - or should I say all winter- [Holland, Belguim, west coast of France, Wales, S-England] Yet at time there can be snow there aswell.As real as it gets....biggrin.png

FSX doesn't support "snowy" taxiways unfortunately. Snow variations are for runways only.If there is a big enough interest, however, we could certainly do something moving forward to try and provide something similar given the limitations (all taxiways would be snowy though, independent of weather/season). Perhaps that is an acceptable "mode" of operation for some?As to other FSX limitations, we are all aware of these. Some we can't address, some we have significantly improved, some we have totally bypassed. Moving forward, with new sims on the horizon, along with new breakthroughs in our development, I'm confident we'll see much progress here.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Being as I was raised in the Canuk Arctic and work there I know I'd appreciate any effort Hi fi could make within the limits of FSX to put snow on the Taxi ways or blowing snow across the Rwys.

Blowing snow, billows and drifts are indeed simulated with the new runway textures in AS2012. It's the runway texturing of course, not an animation or an effect, but is quite nice as a photo-realistic runway representation. We have a bit of an assortment of Airport screenshots (including winter runways) in our media gallery (www.activesky2012.com) to highlight a few of these.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies