Sign in to follow this  
steve inwood

Superb Performance with ATI

I have been playing about with all sorts of settings today..I used to have my ATI ccc settings to appilcation controlled.but last night i changed all that and asked the graphics card to control instead.I now have AA set to x8 and filter on wide tent x16AF x4i have anti - aliasing unchecked in FSXand triliner setim getting about 10%more perfoemcance at built up areas such as mega airports etc. average about 28 - 29 FPS in most cases alittle drop still in dense traffic but only down to about 25fpsThis is brilliant i guess it is not the case for most but thought i'd share..i did notice that the typo in the NGX was not blurry anymore through these settings very sharp and crispRegards Steve..Still testing so

Nice with these experience with user- settings. I have tried to let CCC control the settings but i did not like the AA and got back to letting FSX control everything again. I believe it is a more smooth experience but maybe with less frames/Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I have been playing about with all sorts of settings today..I used to have my ATI ccc settings to appilcation controlled.but last night i changed all that and asked the graphics card to control instead.I now have AA set to x8 and filter on wide tent x16AF x4i have anti - aliasing unchecked in FSXand triliner setim getting about 10%more perfoemcance at built up areas such as mega airports etc. average about 28 - 29 FPS in most cases alittle drop still in dense traffic but only down to about 25fpsThis is brilliant i guess it is not the case for most but thought i'd share..i did notice that the typo in the NGX was not blurry anymore through these settings very sharp and crispRegards Steve..Still testing so
Clarify "the typo" please sir?Bert Van Bulck

Clarify "the typo" please sir?Bert Van Bulck
Well when i had the original settings i was using i was getting blurry text in the VC. but now with the above settings i don't it appears that asking ati to control graphics is far better than fsx taking control like the writing on the mcp etcThis was nothing to do with global max textures because that is max

I Tried to crank mine up a little extra after reading your Post now I'm on the Backup waiting for a new Power Supply ;-)Good thing for Expidited Shipping !!!

I Tried to crank mine up a little extra after reading your Post now I'm on the Backup waiting for a new Power Supply ;-)Good thing for Expidited Shipping !!!
Really that is bad i feel bad now :(Just finished testing after all day the final settings are as follows..Let FSX control Anti Aliasing. so check it in ATI CCCLet the graphics card control the AF x8 and put the FSX to triliner..It's brilliant on frames and gets rid of the silly edges..Not that it makes much difference but ATI just released 11.12

Yea thats what i tried, looks like i'm about 1 step below you in Hardware,Bigger P/S bigger fans will be gere Friday !!!

I have found with my ATI HD5850 that any driver higher than 11.10 WHQL causes blurry panel textures. ie: lettering on panels. Anyone else see this? My CPU is Intel i7 980x.Tom HIbben

Whats the difference between triliner and antroscopic?

Eric 

I have found with my ATI HD5850 that any driver higher than 11.10 WHQL causes blurry panel textures. ie: lettering on panels. Anyone else see this? My CPU is Intel i7 980x.Tom HIbben
Yeah i noticed it too. but if you put your graphics controlled AF its fine..
Whats the difference between triliner and antroscopic?
Well this is a good question. I was reading about this only yesturday my understanding is that the Antroscopic is sharper textures.. such as close up brick work. but when i set my graphics card to control it don't seem to matter what i set in FSX as long as its something and not set to none it looks good but i get a increase in performance.. the NGX cockpit VC looks better for me ..I have noticed that if i set ATI to control AF i dont get funny edges on the plane and also buildings in the distance. it seems to smoothen and blend better more realistic to me. Such as the water setting to. i can't stand the reflective clouds so i use lowx2 with a rex setting of FTX calm. there is no way on gods earth can you see cloud relfections when your at 30,000FT just not possible the sea is just a mass of blue & green from what i can see when on a real plane this is something that i think is personal choice, but like most things we all have an opinion..

Hmmm, what happened now !? Im used to enjoy nice fps (20+) even in my PMDG NGX at Heathrow Mega Airport with UT2 set to 90% traffic. Got curious and tried your settings, Steve and my fps dropped to about 7-8.Naturally I switched back but my fps stays low. Tried numerous settings but it remains low. Uninstalled CCC and related drivers, then reinstalled with updated drivers, but - still low fps.. Tried deleting fsx.cfg and let the program generate a new one, still low fps.Changed to default Cessna at a smaller airport, I can see my fps fluctuates between 170 fps to 3-4, meaning major stutters.Anyone got a clue of what might have happened ?thanks,

I'm not sure there i seem to be running it alright now i let fsx control the anti aliasing but i ask the graphics card to controol the AF which removes the jagged egdes ...

Ok I Learned my Lesson back to Original Settings, if you do come up with new adjustments Please Put in an Edit "for Everyone " BUT Marty" to Try LOL !!!!I knew i didnt have enough P/S to run what i had so i was Milking it anyway, this 700w fits the Bill.