Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

HU: 737 PIC Evo available as of now

http://www.wilcopub.com/product-containers/737picevo-cont/737-pilot-in-command-evolution.htmlSo it has finally arrived. Off to purchase now! Will let you guys now what I think later this week.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I'll see what I can do. I'm really busy though, so I doubt I'll be able to do a full flight before saturday...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Purchased it, installed it, had a quick look, removed it at once.Texturesliveries: I have better textures on my AI fleet.Model: Well.... it looks like a boeing 737, but sub par for this price.VC: I think I may be a bit spoiled by PMDG`s NGX, so this is ok i guess. I only wish they had worked a bit more on the cockpit lighting. either on or off is not really good enough.this is only my humble opinion, but I don`t think it`s worth the money.regardsBjørn Erik Henriksen

I looked at the screen shots, either they are the worst shots ever taken or their idea of HD textures needs reassessing. Not a chance I'll be buying this.

Jay

Purchased it, installed it, had a quick look, removed it at once. Texturesliveries: I have better textures on my AI fleet. Model: Well.... it looks like a boeing 737, but sub par for this price. VC: I think I may be a bit spoiled by PMDG`s NGX, so this is ok i guess. I only wish they had worked a bit more on the cockpit lighting. either on or off is not really good enough. this is only my humble opinion, but I don`t think it`s worth the money. regards Bjørn Erik Henriksen
To be honest, I believe you. I'm downloading it now, having come home from work (finally). Will install later and post a quick impression. The screenshots do not look very good though, I agree. Somebody might be able to make that better though. I have myself more often done such modes if I wasn't happy with textures. All in all, the screenshots give the impression that the modeling is not that good. But, I bought it because I know the quality of the older 737 PIC version. So, we'll see if the panel is still as good. And no, you can't compare it to the 737NGX...

Benjamin van Soldt

And no, you can't compare it to the 737NGX...
Indeed. That would be nonsense...

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

There no discount for older version, just the SPECIAL LAUNCH OFFER ?
Hi Fabrizio, It Seems like that from the page, odd thought they were going to give a decent discount to owners of 737 pic v1 ohmy.png to be honest I could never understand wilco's attitude with customer's being in business for so long.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Installing and first flight impressions.The installer reminds about watching the Win7 related information on the Wilco site. I think they are talking about the usual UAC, 'as admin' and av off thingies. However, installing it was easy. You get a code, it states it will be online checked, it installs on Win7/64.Important note. My dll.xml is still valid. laugh.png It added the one dll entry for the Evolution and all is fine.Tons of liveries included in the 'Deluxe' and from looking quickly, all come with winglets and without. Every variant (300/400/500) has the model files for winglets and without them included. I prefer the non winglet ones.The setup tool is pretty much like on the E-Jets and ERJ (both V2), so you can set key commands, payload and stuff. They've also added a nice engine rating option and some other stuff which is above the detail e. g. the E-Jets showed. Nice touch.On the more detailed stuff, there's an option for the buffet margins, IRS align times, how the AP handles yoke inputs and the aspect ratio of the panels.The manuals are a short overview on e. g. how to get ground power running. It also explains the config tool options, but the main part is the one from Mike Ray, explaining how to start a 737 in his very special way.There also comes a checklist in a useful format, in two to be precise. V-speed table and things, it's there. But don't expect thousands of pages, maybe find those in the library.First start in the sim. The FO welcomes you and you will hear him calling V1 and stuff too.You can define the startup state in the config tool. For VC impressions, check the following screenshots. Preferences are different, so while some folks may surprisingly state that they miss their NGX, some others may say that this is a nice Classic, and like it for exactly this. Note. I still heavily fly my Maddog and prefer it over some other releases for the atmosphere and details given. Me is biased I guess. biggrin.pngI've done a ton of night shots and while my talent is dangerously limited when it comes to screenshots, I hope I've caught every panel a bit. Sad factor is the static on-off nature of the lighting. However, I can live with the impression and did not expect Wilco/Feelthere to come up with an optical milestone of 2011. Again, preferences.First flight and systems impression. Better than expected. I could see some not default (but also maybe not rw) startup times and I could also read different loads on the APU, which is nice.Downside for me was the trim wheel, being too fast and missing the nice sound I had on the iFly. I've heard that scratching on so many cockpit videos, so maybe I have a bias now. mellow.pngThe flaps come out very fast, maybe too fast. Hand flying is a treat, while I think the displays could be sharper in the VC. They have a popup though and you can alter the way they behave fps wise and also on how the antialiasing is done. So feel free to check those settings, they are there for a reason I think. My impression just is what it is, a first look.The 2D setup seems to be complete. So there is a throttle. laugh.png I'm a VC only flyer, but maybe some folks are interested in how 2D looks on this plane.Strange thing, the WR did not come up in the VC, but in 2D. As these are my first minutes on that ship, I can't rule out to have done something wrong.Extra note. There is a setup item in the config tool to alter widescreen and normal. So I think 4:3 guys can still fly her, but I haven't tested it. My shots are done with the 'widescreen' digital option.Overall first impression of mine. As expected, no optical highlight but the day shots are very ok for me. The night comes with a downside, but all panels in the VC use clickspots I can reach and operate. They could be a bit slow on the MCP, but there's no 'oh no! not that one!' moment like on the first iFly rendition for example.I still have to check how the logics behind dragging a switch or clicking a switch works. As said, first few minutes here.My small VRInsight M-Panel connected without extra setup and could drive the AP and radios. This is nice and maybe helps some folks looking for hardware support.The outside comes in nice shape for me. The night shots show transparent windows and, for the guys really caring about that detail, the pilots move in the outside view.The engine sounds are a bit too low for me. I've tuned down the other ones, but I think I'll go for a replacement soundset or at least some other settings. This, again, is personal preference. My iFly and NGX are more powerful on the CFM sounds, so maybe I'm biased again.For the shots, here's the album. http://imageshack.us.../57710599m.jpg/Some teasers. Find the rest in the above link. They include 2D, VC, outside and all of this day and night.64900521.th.jpg74038977.th.jpg42703029.th.jpg63066364.th.jpg86742140.th.jpgOn the price tag. I'm ok, but not impressed. However, I think that package with the three models and no more costs to come could be nice for some. The iFly set a new benchmark on the package value, so it's no surprise that Wilco has a harder time now. Of course, I truly hope for everything to work nice and stable, otherwise I will have to hope for some improved support.I think you guys have a point about the missing discount for V1 owners. mellow.pngNo first minute major flaws. I did not fall out of the sky and I also had a decent framerate around the default KSEA where I usually test new birds.

CoolP, can you look if there is a GOL or Webjet repaint?Thanks for the quick review!

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Lets see.-500Air BalticBoeing HouseBMI BabySASLufthansaSky EuropeANALOTSouthwest-400BABrussels AirlinesBoeing HouseAlaskaJet4YouKLMVirgin BlueScandinavian AirlinesUS AirwaysQantasOlympic AirlinesJAL Express-300TNTGaruda IndonesiaBoeing HouseEurope AirpostContinentalAir BerlinUnitedKorongoDeltaKLMSouthwestLufthansaJet2China SouthernMost of the above come as winglet and non winglet versions.I'm looking for FS2Crew now. Would be nice to get it for the Evolution. What does Bryan say? smile.png

Thanks!

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics